new computer

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because dells do suck..period. I deal with computers on a daily basis at home and at work and from experience had the most trouble out of dell computers. My girlfriend bought a dell laptop and about a year ago and there are so many problems with it today. Also her parents have a dell desktop computer and are wanting me to trouble shoot problems with it.

In my opinion tech support is either really good or really bad. It just depends on the situation and who your talking to (If they are having a good day or not). If I have to call tech support you better pray your not the next caller inline because you will withess a unhappy person on the other end. The only time I call tech support is when I need a RA number, or to tell them their product sucks.

Yamarider- how much money do you think death spent on that computer. I for one will tell you that I rarely pay full price for anything. I guess you can say I am a people person and make friends along with discounts when I want something (Nope I don't screw them over, I help them out, they help me out...Everyone is happY). I don't know what you do for a living put I install car stereo (part-time) and the markup is rather large (It also depends on where you live) so knowing this has made me think "why pay full price EVER".

Because dells do suck..period. I deal with computers on a daily basis at home and at work and from experience had the most trouble out of dell computers. My girlfriend bought a dell laptop and about a year ago and there are so many problems with it today. Also her parents have a dell desktop computer and are wanting me to trouble shoot problems with it.

hmmm. interesting. well i havent had any problems so i guess im lucky. i guess any computer can suck if it gets screwed up or the person who has it doesnt know how to use it. (not saying your girlfriend or her parents dont know how to use a computer, i just know it happens with other people) i also install updates regularly and keep them running smoothly, so i guess that helps somewhat. maybe i just got 2 "good" dells. either way, i like mine so i guess to each his own. i might have to custom build my next puter so i can get everything i want in one package. with the amount of cords and wires running behind my desk right now, im thinking im going to be doing a lot of wireless ****! wish there was a wireless power supply! lol would free up a lot of plugins (puter, monitor, sound system, alarm clock, phone charger, cable modem, wireless router, etc.) btw death, how does that dual hard drive setup work for ya? was it easy to setup and find files on both drives? thanks

Ive been running a compaq for a few years now and ive never had a problem, mines way outdated now but its still fast compared to some of these newer cheap ones, few years ago it was a couple thousand dollar computer it was just about one of the best you could buy at the time.

I think that store-bought computers just suck in general, regardless of the manufacturer. I've seen the same problems come out of all the different brands. The stuff that can go wrong with a cheap e-machine can go wrong with a dell or hp just as easily. The biggest problems i've ever had with store bought computers is all that bullshit software that comes packaged with them, but that can be easily solved by just doing a clean install of windows (or whatever o.s. you prefer). Store bought comps usually suck when it comes to upgrading too, because the different manufacturers all have their own little way of making it a pain in the ass.

Pelphrey - to tell you the truth I never added up the costs for a computer like death's, but just making rough estimates of all the stuff he has, I don't see how it could be less than $1500. Maybe you guys use your computers for more than the average person does, but I built my computer from pretty cheap components and it seems to get the job done just fine. But hey everybody does what they want and there's nothing wrong with that, I just have a different view on this stuff than you guys do.

The dual hard drive setup is called a RAID 0 setup. When the computer stores a file it splits the data in half and stores one half of the data on one drive and the other half on the other. This increases read/transfer times because it can read and write to both drives simultaneously instead of getting/waiting for all the stored data from just one. You will rarely find this on personal computers its mainly only found in high end work stations and mainly servers.

I did a full Windows XP install in under 7 mins with that computer (including boot time); a good portion of the PCs power is the RAID setup – the single EIDE hard drive is a huge bottleneck in standard PCs..

The dual hard drive setup is called a RAID 0 setup. When the computer stores a file it splits the data in half and stores one half of the data on one drive and the other half on the other. This increases read/transfer times because it can read and write to both drives simultaneously instead of getting/waiting for all the stored data from just one. You will rarely find this on personal computers its mainly only found in high end work stations and mainly servers.

I did a full Windows XP install in under 7 mins with that computer (including boot time); a good portion of the PCs power is the RAID setup – the single EIDE hard drive is a huge bottleneck in standard PCs..

Why didn't you water cool the Bish?!

dells have the most problems because the majority of computers out there are dells... any way u look at it everyone has their own opinion but it comes down to who knows how to use their **** and how to take care of it... i happen to have 3 dells in my house and only one has had a problem in the past 2 years and it was do to a virus we couldnt seem to get rid of but eventualy through alot of helpful customer support we got it fixed... i like my dells

[quote:y4bpj58z]The dual hard drive setup is called a RAID 0 setup. When the computer stores a file it splits the data in half and stores one half of the data on one drive and the other half on the other. This increases read/transfer times because it can read and write to both drives simultaneously instead of getting/waiting for all the stored data from just one. You will rarely find this on personal computers its mainly only found in high end work stations and mainly servers.

Why didn't you water cool the Bish?![/quote:y4bpj58z]

$$$$$ lol. Not to mention the dual cores dont run that hot; I am running at 109*F under load.

hardwaremonitor.JPG

HOLY **** damn uur running that sucker hot as hell lol get one of those big metal fans they used back i nthe day and sit that next to it... that'll cool it down... but then again just watercool it... lfmao

HOLY **** damn uur running that sucker hot as hell lol get one of those big metal fans they used back i nthe day and sit that next to it... that'll cool it down... but then again just watercool it... lfmao

Actually for a dual core processor its running VERY cool.

That's not hot at all. I have a 2 GHz processor that gets hotter than that under load and it still runs stable. Liquid cooling may sound cool for a computer, but it's more trouble than it's worth, unless the computer is running unstable because of excessive heat (like from overclocking). It's not cheap, and if anything springs a leak it's not going to be good, and if for some reason the cooler shuts down it'll be bad news too.

[quote:nslc2x6q]

Why didn't you water cool the Bish?!

$$$$$ lol. Not to mention the dual cores dont run that hot; I am running at 109*F under load.

hardwaremonitor.JPG
[/quote:nslc2x6q]

how do i see that on my computer i have xp

I would be interested in a link to that software also/................Unless ya wanna e-mail it to me?!

I'm runnen a p4c-800 e deluxe MB from asus........so it may work on mine.

Latest posts

Back