new computer

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corko1492

Reaction score
ee9ddfcb.jpg

speakers
ee9ddf0a.jpg

monitor
ee9dde49.jpg

keyboard, mouse and you can see my ipod to the left
ee9ddd8d.jpg

tower and "woofer"

i know its a piece of garbage cause all of you are probably runnuing on homemade computers with 3 billion gigs of ram and all that but this one will do

You know why they don't run a million dell commercials a day now???

Becuase they SUCK!!!!

Thats my opinion...But I will say nice computer anyway.

2 Compaq computers down here. One desktop, one laptop. 1 compaq computer upstairs...

pcsidewindow.jpg

HDcool2.JPG

pc1.jpg

pc2.JPG

^ Thats my baby I built her this year as well.

Stats:

- SATA II RAID 0 Array (Two 85 gig Harddrives used)
- Intel 3.4 GHz DUAL CORE processor 2 Mb L2 On Die Cache
- 2 Gigabytes of DDR2 667Mhz RAM
- ATI Radeon PCI-E 16X X800 Graphics Card
- Copper Heatpipe heatsink/Vantec Tornado fan 6,000 RPMs.
- Klipsch THX Sub/speaker setup

i want to get a case with neon lights in it and just take everything out of the dell case and put it in the other one

i want to get a case with neon lights in it and just take everything out of the dell case and put it in the other one

Good luck with that. Newer dell motherboards are a fucked up form factor, so they won't fit right in anything except a dell case. I built my computer with one of those fancy-ass cases with the temperature/rpm display, clear panels, light up fans, and neon tubes, and honestly it's overrated. The fans are loud as ****, dust builds up everywhere and makes it look shitty so you gotta clean it all the time, and you can't turn the LCD panel or fan lights off, so my bedroom glows all kinds of funky colors at night.

[quote:3q9o6y71]i want to get a case with neon lights in it and just take everything out of the dell case and put it in the other one

Good luck with that. Newer dell motherboards are a fucked up form factor, so they won't fit right in anything except a dell case. I built my computer with one of those fancy-ass cases with the temperature/rpm display, clear panels, light up fans, and neon tubes, and honestly it's overrated. The fans are loud as ****, dust builds up everywhere and makes it look shitty so you gotta clean it all the time, and you can't turn the LCD panel or fan lights off, so my bedroom glows all kinds of funky colors at night.[/quote:3q9o6y71]

You didnt build it right or use quality parts then... My cases actually use washable air filters for the intake fans and I wired everything to be able to turn off. Also depending on the types of fans you use they will run dead silent... If you use active monitor software that constantly monitors in real time CPU and case zone temperatures you can set your fans really down low at night when your sleeping and their RPM will increase if the temp gets to high.

n00b!

[quote:ky4lnfco]

Good luck with that. Newer dell motherboards are a fucked up form factor, so they won't fit right in anything except a dell case. I built my computer with one of those fancy-ass cases with the temperature/rpm display, clear panels, light up fans, and neon tubes, and honestly it's overrated. The fans are loud as ****, dust builds up everywhere and makes it look shitty so you gotta clean it all the time, and you can't turn the LCD panel or fan lights off, so my bedroom glows all kinds of funky colors at night.

You didnt build it right or use quality parts then... My cases actually use washable air filters for the intake fans and I wired everything to be able to turn off. Also depending on the types of fans you use they will run dead silent... If you use active monitor software that constantly monitors in real time CPU and case zone temperatures you can set your fans really down low at night when your sleeping and their RPM will increase if the temp gets to high.

n00b![/quote:ky4lnfco]

I'm not saying that all cases will be like mine, just for the amount of money that most people are willing to pay. I think it would be hard to justify spending $200+ to get a decent computer case though. Mine was $100 and it was absolute ****.

No offense, but to me it seems absolutely insane to spend the kind of money you did on a computer. At the rate computer technology advances, by the time you recieve the new parts you order there's already something faster on the market, and for less money. Don't get me wrong, I build computers myself and I know how powerful a computer like yours is, and think that it's an awesome machine, I can just think of thousands of things i'd rather spend money on than a computer.

i was gonna buy this 40$ one on ebay just cause it looks too and yeah someone else told me good luck the motherboards are weird

i was gonna buy this 40$ one on ebay just cause it looks too and yeah someone else told me good luck the motherboards are weird

buy it and put a few pro design foam filters on the inyake fans

YAYER!!!!, jkjkjkjkjjkjkjkjkjkjk

[quote:4mbc23rj]

n00b!

I'm not saying that all cases will be like mine, just for the amount of money that most people are willing to pay. I think it would be hard to justify spending $200+ to get a decent computer case though. Mine was $100 and it was absolute ****.

No offense, but to me it seems absolutely insane to spend the kind of money you did on a computer. At the rate computer technology advances, by the time you recieve the new parts you order there's already something faster on the market, and for less money. Don't get me wrong, I build computers myself and I know how powerful a computer like yours is, and think that it's an awesome machine, I can just think of thousands of things i'd rather spend money on than a computer.[/quote:4mbc23rj]

Most high end motherboards (200$+ ones will support hardware well on into the future) also with being able to flash BIOS updates this further expands the motherboards versatility. My motherboard currently supports clock speeds in upwards of 5 GHz and FSB speeds of over 1,300 MHz. Only thing id ever have to do regardless is swap out the CPU or mobo any way and not tell WAYYY down the line. SATA RAID is here to stay for a while!!

why do people say dells suck? i have 2 (desktop and laptop-which im on right now) and i love them. im not a huge computer person/geek/addict/whatever, so they are just fine for me. sure i would love to have some super badass computer, but i cant afford one and i can do everything i need/want to do on the computers i have now. and doesnt dell have some pretty decent tech support? i have a dell dj mp3 player and when i was having troubles with it (some sort of software problem or something i did wrong) they were pretty helpful. btw death, thats a killer computer. wouldnt mind having it myself, but id probably just hurt myself. lol

Latest posts

Back