My 01 build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are cams hard to change out. my stage1 H-cam will be in next week. doesnt look to hard, just gotta pay attention to detail when taking it apart i guess. any tricky stuff i should know about?

Have you ever done anything inside the head, if so its not hard at all just alot of things to mess with to get it in, prity easy.

It's easy to change the cam. You need to either get a new outer bearing, or reuse the one on your stock cam. Will have to press it on/off. STUFF A RAG IN THE TIMING CHAIN PASSAGEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't want to drop parts down into the bottom end. Also, tie the timing chain up with a piece of wire. Basically, read the Clymer manual.

I've got the head off still. ( waiting on bore and hone) should be done this week.

Got these in today but they won't fit. They sent me the wrong ones. These Fit kfx450 or ltz400. Not warrior350 like I asked for. no way these will line up with anything.. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
banynu7a.jpg

Yeah I'm gonna call them and see what the deal is. I bought got it together but no heal guards now.

Haven't yet. It's not back together yet. Like you, I'm waiting for the bore and valve seats to get done.

Motor is going back together today. :)

Last edited:
9y7y6y3u.jpg
. Motor is back together minus valve adjustment. :)

Looking good. Did you like chrome/paint the bottom end or is that just the picture?

I polished it up a lil. Can you see my broken sprocket lol. I had a slight slip while hitting the crap outta my swing arm bolt with sledge. New one is on it's way.

Back