magura hydraulic clutch....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
has anyone herd of them?!?!?! GOOD/BAD???? Im looking for something to make the pull easyer and smoother, would this help? How much more easy if any would it be. If i dont get this what is the best thing to make a warrior cluch easyer to pull, because my left arm/hand was dead after my first lap of my race.

Thats what i herd and im looking around for some but i want to find out if this is worth the 200 i can get it for before i go buy a clutch that im going to take off and waist money on if i buy this.

Thats alot of money to drop on something that really isnt going to do much other than ease your clutch pull.... MY clutch has hd springs and an extra plate...... my arm never gets tired.

Yeah i know its a lot of money and expecialy for me because i spend money before i have it so im in dept :'(.....but from reading reviews everyone that uses it or has it says its well worth it if you race, its not worth it if you just trail ride and your just a weekend rider. And i race....i really think i would put it to good use if i got it. Ill keep looking and see what other people say.

1.5 to 2 hours riding a quad nonstop at race speed is a killer. Conditioning will help that clutch arm out a lot. I think like the others said you could get good results with better levers for a lot less money.

I have a Magura hydraulic clutch on my Outlaw 525 and it is really nice. The clutch pull is about the same as on my Raptor 350, however the clutch springs are much heavier on the Outlaw so it does help with clutch pull. The nicest thing with the hydraulic clutch is the even pull pressure throughout and the fact that it never needs to be adjusted.

damn dude the clutch isnt hard to pull, just deal with it, work out, it helps

yeah..its not worth the money..maybe if you were building a full blown race quad..but i would never put one on my warrior..when i get something else maybe i will try this clutch but not now

I would DEFINATELY reccomend an msr "pro raptor shorty" it has 3 different settings one is hard then medium then easy. Dude its a huge difference and I love just using 2 fingers to pull in the clutch. I love it and works great anywhere. Its about 50 bucks but i got mine of warriorspeed for a great deal.

Are you sure that the clutch cable is lubed and is not binding/moves freely?? Also you can lengthin the clutch arm on the bike to give you more leverage.

Magic racing has them for $199 and you know me what I want it I'll get it. KTM has used them for years on there bikes, and I've heard good things about them.

IDK yet im still experimenting with this hydraulic clutch, i really like it, i was riding my friends outlaw and love it. And since im probly keeping my warrior for a couple years i might just get it, put it to good use i love how it feals im just wondering if it will be really easy on a warrior since the outlaws cluch is much stronger it would be much harder to pull with a regular clutch and its really easy....sooooo idk still reading and looking at differnt clutchs, cables, and this.

My buddy just put one on his Raptor 660 and it is so much better its hard to believe. Smooth, easy, and has a lighter pull than my 350 (which just got a new clutch cable). A hydraulic will always be superior to a cable but a cheaper cable type lever sounds like a good compromise. Ignore all these macho tough guys who tell you to just deal with it, that advice is useless when you arent having fun or have to stop riding. I can ride twice as long on my kfx700 simply because it doesnt have a clutch and that thing is a big fat heavy beast. After trying a Magura hydraulic clutch I gotta say its worth it if you got the cash.

ahhh excersise more, if u have hd spring you can remove half of them and replace them with stock springs making the pull a little easier (clutch will hardly slip at all with half and half) try a new lever i think i got my motion pro for $40 and i love it makes the pull smoother, mod the arm going to the clutch, and than if its still too much for ya you try the hydraulic clutch, but the warriors pull is pretty much gonna be stiff as hell

what do you mean suck it up, when my arm dies after 2 laps thats not good, ive been working out too and i bet its not helping, im positive my arm will still cramp up and ill have to pull over, losing preshous time in a race.

Im going to go with chitownpete on this one, i think its well worth it, it will save me time in a race, it will save me time from adjustments, it will save my engine in the long run(if my arm does die i do ride for some time without using the clutch and just shift). Idc i might not be paying for it, it might be a christmas present ;D in about 5 months :p but hey my warrior is in peices i wont be riding for a while :(.

Im pritty sure im going to get it everyone that ive read reviews from said its well worth the money, its will make your clutch pull much easyer no matter how hard your clutch is it will be a 100 times better everywhere.

yea i believe it will be a ton better, i have though about it myself, the warriors pull SUCKS and i was just tryin to offre you alternatives, $200 is a little pricey but i bet it will be nice

Im telling you... Dont waste your money on this. A newer lever set-up makes a world of diffrence. 200 bucks could be spent much better elsewhere on this machine. I put a 30 dollar fly racing lever on mine with a brass pivot point and its quick adjust.... It was night and day. Also make sure the cable is well lubed.. that also makes a world of diffrence. Even if you dont think its dry lube it up anyway.

Back