magura hydraulic clutch....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah a better aftermarket perch will help, I got one but it wasn't night and day to me, it was just smoother. If you got the two "C" notes go for it.

I got a buddy who has a hydraulic on his dirt bike and it is amazing how easy it pulls. It's all a matter of whether or not you can afford it. I put an EZ Pull on mine for a grand total of $18 and it helped a good bit. Nothing like a hydraulic but still better. Can you spend that $200 on something that will make your bike faster or handle better? I don't know what your whole setup is but I'd rather spend my money on performance than comfort. And unless you are doing excerises that work on your grip, working out ain't gonna do nothin'. You have to do wrist curls or get yourself one of those sqeeze things that is shaped like a V and is spring loaded. Who knows what the hell they are called but I'm sure you've seen them.

Squeezing tennis/raquet balls helps tremendously with grip strength and will help the fatigue factor. We were at Little Sahara today and my wife and I traded quads for a while. She rode the 525 and I rode the 350 and I take back what I said earlier about the clutch pulling the same. The 350 is much easier.

So like the others said, double and triple check the cable for kinks and lube the cable and the clutch linkage. It should not be pulling that hard. (Unless the Raptor clutch is that much smoother than the Warrior is.)

I would take some of that $200 and spend it on a steering stabilizer. This will help with fatigue on a race much more than a hydraulic clutch will.

I got a buddy who has a hydraulic on his dirt bike and it is amazing how easy it pulls. It's all a matter of whether or not you can afford it. I put an EZ Pull on mine for a grand total of $18 and it helped a good bit. Nothing like a hydraulic but still better. Can you spend that $200 on something that will make your bike faster or handle better? I don't know what your whole setup is but I'd rather spend my money on performance than comfort. And unless you are doing excerises that work on your grip, working out ain't gonna do nothin'. You have to do wrist curls or get yourself one of those sqeeze things that is shaped like a V and is spring loaded. Who knows what the hell they are called but I'm sure you've seen them.

Long story short i have almost enought parts to make 2 warriors so im building a bad one that i will sell and buy all the parts i need from that. Which im hole set up will be by then....

-1999 warrior
-wiseco .20 overbore with high compress
-webcam race cam
-Kibblewhite titanium springs
-ASR +2 pro star a-arms
-ASR tierods
-ASR steal braded brake lines f/b
-Lonestar axle(adjustable length
-Works AT steeler shocks
-hand guards
-full skids, swing, a-arms, chassis
-oil cooler
-PRM sidebars
-PRM summit bumper
-Edelbrock carb
-Pro flow clamp on filter
-HMF slip on
-IMS 4 gal gas tank

There is a lot more like plastics, lights, tires and what not but i dont feal like listing everything.

I was thinking about a stearing sbaleizer, you just joged my memory who ever said that.

So now its eather the stableizer or the hydrolic clutch?

Im leaving till next tuesday, w/o a computer in site....no yfm :'(. But when i come back i hope to have this all figured out. Even if i do figure it out now, ill still change my mind a million more times before i get one.

Okay for all you that told me to not get this you were all wrong.....I got it about 3 months ago and just now had time to get it put on. It is absolutly amazing, ive never felt an easyer pull like it and its soo smooth i think it was well worth it. O and the pull can be as long as about a half inch to 2 inches. I have it set about an inch and a half and it feals great.

I highly recomend it to anyone that has 200 to throw around, hahaha.

Both my bikes have hydraulic clutches, and I spend a lot more time on those than I do my Raptors. Even after a track day on either of those, the Raptor cable clutch is still easier to pull. I can ride my Raptor at race speeds ALL day with no problem.

So for anyone ELSE thinking about this mod - as has already been said, condition your arm/wrist, and make sure the clutch cable is lubed properly.

Thats a lot of money for a hyd'clutch for a clutch system that isnt that hard to begin with.

My $.02

I think i spent my money well, this was the last thing i bought i already have everything that i think i could want for it excpet my nerfs or maybe a stroker kit. And adjustment on this thing is amazing you dont even have to do anything. They only thing you do have to adjust is the lenth of the pull but you can do that with 2 fingers on a little red twistly nob. I think its amazing, best clutch ive ever felt.

Both my bikes have hydraulic clutches, and I spend a lot more time on those than I do my Raptors. Even after a track day on either of those, the Raptor cable clutch is still easier to pull. I can ride my Raptor at race speeds ALL day with no problem.

So for anyone ELSE thinking about this mod - as has already been said, condition your arm/wrist, and make sure the clutch cable is lubed properly.

Thats a lot of money for a hyd'clutch for a clutch system that isnt that hard to begin with.

My $.02

Ever ride a warrior? They don't have that same easy pulling clutch that the raptor does. I never did figure out what yamaha changed between the 2, but the warrior has one of the stiffest, if not THE absolute stiffest clutch I ever used on a quad. I have a motion pro terminator clutch cable and an aftermarket clutch perch with a needle bearing pivot and although that made the clutch a little easier and smoother, it still doesn't compare to the rap 350's or any other modern sport quad. It may sound strange, but I never pulled a clutch on a warrior that i'd consider a light, smooth pull.

If that $200 hydraulic clutch actually makes the clutch that nice and smooth then i'd never argue against it being money well spent on the warrior. Especially once they get some miles on them they get extra rough and hard to pull.

strange, that's not my experience with them. I've played with them many times at the local shop and they always seem to be the stiffest one around, even compared to my cousin's old ltr that most likely still had the stock cable from 86, it still seemed butter smooth compared to the clutch on a 2004 warrior.

If you are already spending all the money it takes to race, whats another couple hundred frog skins. If you think it will make it easier to win, it is well worth the money. A better perch/lever setup should help somewhat, but it won't be as easy as a hydrualic setup. Keep hittin the gym and work on your forearms.

All I know is that I have a 7 dollar clutch perch on my yellow z, with the stock lever and the clutch is soooooo much softer then my 05 grey z with a 150 dollar clutcj perch and lever. I'm pretty sure they use the same clutch springs in 03 and 05, so that 7 dollar perch is doing its job better then that 150 dollar one.xBut I have ridden with a hydraulic clutch, and I think its so worth it. Think about all the times you have to pull in your clutch in just one lap. It's worth the 200 bucks for a hydraulic clutch.

warrior clutch to me is easy to pull and never had a problem with it. With the stiffer springs its a little harder.. I've felt much worst.

I have a buddy that put the hydro clutch lever on his warrior. The factory line is plastic and did not mix well with the head pipe then after more zip ties and a braided line this was fixed. The clutch was much smother and easier to operate. Within a year the cylinder which pulls the clutch at the engine began leaking. I am not sure but $200 for a clutch lever that last a year is a little steep. I am not sure if this is the normal duty cycle for these clutch lever setups.

Have had mine on for years now with now problems what so ever. I did break a lower lever mount when I rolled my bike but other then that its all good!

Back