light help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mounted mine to the hood mounts, the supplied brackets fit prefectly after a slight bend, all i need was a couple longer bolts and a couple zip ties and they were on. I got mine at walmart for 24.99 they were called lazer whites, tehy are small round ones. Im using them in conjunction with my stockers, although you cant really tell the stockers are on anyway. The only thing i dont like is that these ones used ionized lenses and the lights are more of a bright yellow, but imo it sharpens your vision up and you can see alot better. I have had no problems yet with running the stockers and these at the same time and they are 2x55watt. I have been through water and mud etv jumping they have held up well, and where i have them mounted they have a low risk of being hit with anything except a little roost.

2 110 watts plus the stock light? prolly not, itd be tryin to pull around 300 watts

It wouldn't be near 300 watts, but I think it would still be more power than the stator could put out. It would be close, but I think i'd just run one set at a time, so you know you won't stall out, and end up with a dead battery and no way to restart it. That could mess up a race real quick.

Ohm's law.

I=P/V

185 Watts(2 55 watt lights+ 75 for the 2 stockers) @ 14 Volts = 13.21 amps.

PDF says that the rectifier is 20 Amps, so assume 15 Amps of charging.....A good GelCell battery should put out enough reserve for a 6 hour race. Stock led acid might be pushing it.

im lost lol i just got two 55 watts lights and plus stock 30 watts so total of 170

i thought he ment 2 110 light plus the stock lights, my bad

its kool i got them already they look pretty sweet but havent got them hooked up yet

cool, what kind did you get? why dont you ever get on aim no more?

Back