light help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliepop2005

Reaction score
ok guys ima run my first 6 hr and i need good lights wat yall reccomend i need it bright and able to still see lol and should i keep stock lights to are wat and do i need new stator help me out need to work for four six hours

Just picking up a set of fog lights from walmart or something will greatly increase your view area. With my new lights i can see at least 50-100 feet further and it made the stockers nearly useless. Instead of just one spot out in front of me i can see a huge area.

I have an 87 with the low lights.

someone put on a set of those BS All-in-one Fog/driving lights, and they sucked.

I had a Fog lamp off of an 740 Volvo I got for 1 dollar at the junkyard I spliced into the lights, used a T bracket that I bent, and mounted it where the stockers were.

Night and day difference.

Any 55Watt fog lamp will provide MORE than enough light, and usually can be found at Vatozone for 14.99, or Harbor Freight for 7.99

Mounting the mew lights can be as simple as a hoseclamp, or as complex as a new bracket.

thanks now wats the maximum wattage i can use on my stock stator

Stockers are 35Watts each on high.

70 watts combined. Any watts the stator cannot handle will come from the battery.

I'd assume 100 watts EASY. I've noticed that even using my winch it does not take too long to re-charge the battery over 2000 rpm.

ok so wat lights would u request they need to be cheap a fog lamp would do it for me

Got HArbor Freight closeby?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=37349
37349.gif

I don;t have those. I have a Volvo 740 fog lamp.

Those are 55 watt, and should be a BIG improvment over the stockers.

Those would look really out of place on a raptor though, and harbor freight stuff has a tendency to not really be as good as it appears in the pics. Go to walmart, or an auto parts store and look at the different driving lights they have. One of the smaller sets designed for a car would look much nicer, would be easier to mount, and wouldn't get in the way like those big things would. You should be able to get a good looking set for less than $30.

I stole a set of halogen foglamps from the new WK jeep grand cherokee program going on at my work, I have yet to try them though. I think they were around 40W each or right around there. They look much more powerful than the stockers though. It pays to work for a place that specializes in specialty low production vehicles!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hey death, why the hell did you ditch the HID light from your warrior when you could of fabricated them into your new YFZ? Are you too scared to ride at night with that fucker??? ;) ;D

Those would look really out of place on a raptor though, and harbor freight stuff has a tendency to not really be as good as it appears in the pics. Go to walmart, or an auto parts store and look at the different driving lights they have. One of the smaller sets designed for a car would look much nicer, would be easier to mount, and wouldn't get in the way like those big things would. You should be able to get a good looking set for less than $30.

Those lights are made in the same factory as Wally world, or VatoZone lights.

They are a Hella 505 clone....and the Same things I have on mine(aka Volvo 740 lights) I learned a long time ago, that buying a 100 dollar light set usually gets you the same result as a 10 dollar set.

55 watts is 55 watts.

BTW, those lights are 4-1/2'' x 3'' x 2-1/2'' Not really that big.

I know how big they are, I have the same type on my truck. Regardless of size, rectangular lights just aren't going to look good on a raptor, maybe you could get away with it on a warrior, but not the rap. A small light set, even like the $15 set warriorspeed has would look sooo much better on the rappy, would give you more options for mounting, and are still 55 watts so they'd be more than bright enough.

VatoZone? Are you dyslexic or something?

I know how big they are, I have the same type on my truck. Regardless of size, rectangular lights just aren't going to look good on a raptor, maybe you could get away with it on a warrior, but not the rap. A small light set, even like the $15 set warriorspeed has would look sooo much better on the rappy, would give you more options for mounting, and are still 55 watts so they'd be more than bright enough.

VatoZone? Are you dyslexic or something?
the op stated that he needs them for 6 hours.

I don;t know about you, but I'll take Function over form any day.

Do you REALLY think anyone cares what the lights look like as long as they keep him from bashing a tree?

Or, more to the point, if YOU care how HIS quad looks, what does that say about you?

He seemed pretty interested in the lights, and for one 6 hour race, WGAF?

As for Vatozoe, that's dig to the illegals that think shiny **** makes a car faster.....Much like ANYTHING Autozone sells.

I don't know how you deciphered that he only needs them for one race. He needs them to work for 6 hours at a time, but that doesn't mean it's only one time. Where the hell would you mount these anyways? Anywhere you put them they will be vulnerable to damage from branches and rollovers, and from his previous posts I don't think he would even know where to start when making mounting brackets for them.

yes yall chill dam lol yea i need them for 6hr with is 4 6hr series and i dont care how my bike looks even though i still take care of it but as long as motor runs and i dont care sware round are wat ever just need the easiest to mount and will last and not get bashed and were do u mount them stock mounts are run stock lights with them are wat

Back