dial-a-jet

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen a problem with the dial a jet installs for certain bikes.... on my 05 raptor...things went perfectly...but when i helped my buddy install his on his 00 warrior...he had a real bad gas leak out of the new fitting threads....the fitting itself is not long enough to seal it self and u cant get it in far enough with a socket becuase it hits the carb itself. Im going to call Thunder Products tomorrow and see what they say about this.

Got the leak fixed. All I had to do was take the socket and gind the end down REALLY thin. I chucked it up in my drill and took it to the bench grinder. This made it easy to grind the wall thickness down evenly. That allowed me to tighten the fitting all the way and the leak is gone.

Got the leak fixed. All I had to do was take the socket and gind the end down REALLY thin. I chucked it up in my drill and took it to the bench grinder. This made it easy to grind the wall thickness down evenly. That allowed me to tighten the fitting all the way and the leak is gone.

Good idea!

The fitting is brass, so you can't torque it too much. Thinning the socket wall would obviously weaken it, but not to the point of being to week to use on the brass.

First ride with it all hooked up. I live in the concrete village so I just did a bunch of donuts in my driveway but throttle response seems improved. Can't tell for sure because its all snow so I was spinning. Can't wait to get it on the trail... and get my pipe.

So last night i had to leave my bike outside and awoke to aLOT of snow....well needless to say it was real cold out. I choked it ..started it and let it warm up a bit......but could NOT get the damn thing to move....id hit the gas the slightest bit and it would die...so then (after alot of swearing) i figured...its cold which = lean...so i turned the dial on the DIAL A JET ...and POOF fired right up and i ripped it in the snow....alot better than having to push it around the yard lol.

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead. But, I'm about sick of this damn thing. Since I installed it evry time I wheelie for more than like 30 feet it starts sputtering and cuttin out. And it just developed a leak up where it goes into the snorkel. I'm going into the garage right now to take it out. :-/

See that 2extreme what did I say to you guys - edelbrock. You got this damn dial-a-jet and now your buying the carb lol.

I got the Dial-a-jet only as a stopgap- so I could run the WB E-series and intake.

I knew the Edel would be right behind it!! ;D

Latest posts

Back