dial-a-jet

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you contacted Dial-a-Jet about your problems? Let us know how they respond.

Not yet. Maybe today if I get a chance.

Are others having the same problem?

I had no problems with gas leaking....did u use the correct fitting from the kit ( it came with one short and one long) ....i used the longer one.....The only problem i am having is getting it tuned properly........

I got it fixed! Here's the deal:

First attempt, I put the fitting in as far as the recess would allow. No leak from the overflow, but the fitting itself leaked.

So I figured I'd teflon tape da bitch. My son did it for me and used about 3 feet of tape (ok, only about 2.5 turns).
The fitting didn't leak but gas POURED out the over flow.

The Problem: After thinking about how that system works, I realized that too much tape prevented the fitting from installing far enough to block off the overflow.

The Solution: You can only use the least amount of tape possible to seal the fitting, otherwise it won't seal the overflow.

The Problem with the Solution: the 1/4" hex goeas all the way into the recess BEFORE it is completely tight. I had to drive it as far as I could with a socket, then use thin nosed pliers (thinner than needlenose) on what remained accesible. The I had to use pliers on the barb of the fitting to turn it far enough to stop the leak.

The Result: I smashed the fitting a little (not enough to make a difference, I don't think), but the Goddamn leak stopped!

Now I just gotta get out and run it!

yeah only one problem the god da## thing has been sitting in the garage with a trailer waiting to be put together for 3 weeks not moving farther than 3 feet

yeah only one problem the god da## thing has been sitting in the garage with a trailer waiting to be put together for 3 weeks not moving farther than 3 feet

well then come over and go riding!

So I've been doing a little research and found that you should change your main jet down 2-3 sizes. From what I've read this seems to work great. I might just have to get one myself....

So I've been doing a little research and found that you should change your main jet down 2-3 sizes. From what I've read this seems to work great. I might just have to get one myself....

God damn this dial-a-jet **** has a lot of hidden bullshit!!

I've not seen that anywhere

It's not hidden. This is what Dirtwheels said about it:

We installed the Dial-A-Jet on our used, stock 400EX that we have been riding for most of the year. Thunder Products supplied us with a thorough instruction manual and tuning guide. Installation took less than one hour and didn’t require any special tools. On the EX, we were required to reduce the mainjet two sizes from a 148 to a 142 and make one hole in the rubber air-boot between the carb and airbox. This is where the Dial-A-Jet box would be installed using a large Ty-Rap. Also, we removed the stock drain screw from the float bowl and replaced it with a hollow fuel delivery tube supplied with the kit. This is connected to the Dial-A-Jet box with a small clear tube. Through this tube you can also see the fuel level in the float bow.. After the Dial-A-Jet is installed, your fuel flow can be adjusted externally.

That review is the only place on their site that I found it, so maybe it is kinda hidden. I'm sure that it used to say it on there though. It used to point out that the bike must be jetted lean for the dial-a-jet to work.

Latest posts

Back