began full rebuild!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah ok gotch ya. well ill give my builder a call and talk to him. maybe i can get all the work done and just have him not get a cam and get one myself?? we'll see what happens.

good follow up guys. I was gunna post that cam link. Anyways. It has all the info you need. I actually want to swap down to the .390 cam for a while. I run a poweroll .430 race cam at the moment. Its too top end heavy for me. Id be perfect if I had a stroker crank tough. I want to get the .390 or drop down a tooth on the front sprocket for a quick fix. But then Id just rev. out faster. Hummmm.

I never hear of a lectron carb? Also, what did you do with the stroker out of the old engine?

haha me niether. ive tried look up info on them lectron carbs and all i could bring up is for drag bikes and/or 2 strokers? ill never use it so ill prob just put it on ebay and let it go. as for the stroker.... thats what the guy said it was...is there a way to tell if it actually is? like will it have the companys name stamped on it somewhere? also he said the cam is a hotcam stage 1. havent really checked it out much, its just sittin in the garage for now. the one bad thing about the cases on that motor is the mounts r screwed. but ill prob just keep it for parts.... why u looking for a stroker?

oh cool. i got that 396 stroker to start with the lectron carb on it but i couldn't ride it due to the clutch is fried. but i think the adjustments were way off cause when i would try to give it gas it acted like it wasnt gettin enought fuel. oh well ill prob just sell it. anyone looking for one haha cheap!

If I were you I would use that carb on your build. There webpage has everything if there's something wrong with it.

ya i was just checkin there website out. they do got lots of parts for it! it could prob use a good rebuild. i might just hang on to it. it the 40mm one. i guess i could always give them a call and see what they say about it. cause if i could use it then that gets rid of 1 thing off the list parts i need haha. was gonna go with the edlebrock quicksilver carb.... how are them with a build like mine?

nah. I run an edle but don't know if anyone else does. That lectron looks wicked! and you said its a 40mm? Thats huge! Total horepower. I'll trade you my edle for it! hahahah. Thoug think is to find some one that knows them inside and out for troubleshooting or maintenance.

The rod will say hot rod on the side of it and depending on the stroke, the case mite be grinded when you split it. Yeah I'm lookin for a stroker. I'll buy if your sellin.

I cant believe you got that for $400?? (lectron, +3 swingger and a stroked engine??) Also the cam wil have some stamping on it. That will tell you if its a hotcam or not.

oh cool. i got that 396 stroker to start with the lectron carb on it but i couldn't ride it due to the clutch is fried. but i think the adjustments were way off cause when i would try to give it gas it acted like it wasnt gettin enought fuel. oh well ill prob just sell it. anyone looking for one haha cheap!

i might be looking for a carb here shortly.

yep only 400! some guy from ashland had it on craigslist and wanted 700 at first so i called and he said it didnt run.... so i said will u take 400?? and he agreed! deadlast ill talk to my bro inlaw tomorrow and see what he thinks about selling it. if so ill make sure its a stroker first and ill let ya know if its for sale. maybe we can work something out. and as for the carb i think ill be keeping it and try to use it first.

deadlast... i talked to my bro inlaw and he says sell it so are you interested? if so pm me. maybe tomorrow i should have time to make sure its the stroker. its the complete motor but the mounts on the cases are messed up.

Updated Pics!!!

got mostly everything painted and installed. dony worry about the wheels im gettin black itp baja wheels for all 4, and razr 2 for all 4. just waitin for the motor to get back, assemble that and we should be ready to rip! gonna get asr or topflight a arms with yfz or fox floats and banshee rear...... more pics to come!

Attachments

• monster 1.jpg
    monster 1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 64
  • monster 2.jpg
    monster 2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 63
  • monster 3.jpg
    monster 3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 60
  • monster 4.jpg
    monster 4.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 54
thanks. yep sure am. that cobra is just for looks now haha im savin to get a yoshi full system. or might just settle with an hmf and pb header. what would u suggest? i see your from ohio... where do u ride?

Looks good dude. Id suggest some better front tires. Those bajas will look good on there.

thanks. yep sure am. that cobra is just for looks now haha im savin to get a yoshi full system. or might just settle with an hmf and pb header. what would u suggest? i see your from ohio... where do u ride?

just get an hmf with a stock header, thats all you need.

i ride at some trails in akron but i like goin to crow canyon, malvern and im going to wellsville tomorrow

Back