'99 pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deadlastracing said:
No friends? That's depressing. Any family that can help? Have a local auto parts store or harbor freight near by?

i have friends, but they're too busy with their own ****. most of them have gotten married and had kids and no time to hang anymore. like i said my cousin is out of town and he usually rides with me. i may be in bfe, but we have an autozone, advance, etc. didn't think they'd carry small compressor though.

powder coating aside, can i set the preload by just turning that upper collar or do i still have to remove and adjust the retainer ring?

guess i'm gonna pick up a strut compressor today to help set the preload. i would like it a little lower so do i move the clip ring up or down? sorry to sound like i don't know anything, but i have never messed with the type of shock spring.

Up, but I'd go just ONE clip up. Think two will be to much from the looks of it.

do they change that much with just 1 slot? i'll do just one slot first, but i don't think it'll be enough.

i can't carve nearly as good with these as i could with the stockers. may be because im not used to them yet though.

It's up to you man, I personally like the front end to stick up a bit. But if you wanna go lower then by all means do what you feel best. Cant carve as good? How having any roll? When turning, tape yourself cutting sharp on a turn from head on and look to see how your front end will roll. Perhaps there too light? Having the +2 arms will add to the force put on the shocks.

well, i think i just about have this thing where i want it to be as far as looks go. im gonna wait until my stock clutch takes a **** (won't be very long) before i move on to the engine work. anyway i got my g-force front spacers and rear axle installed today. also have pics of the finished suspension. gonna pick up some of those cheap tusk nerf bars to finish it off as well. on to the pics:

100_0485.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

Looks like you took your trailer hitch off. What did you pull with it when it was on there? You got this thing lookin' good though, keep it up.

BeastlyWarrior228 said:
sweet how wide is it sittin in the back

i'll have to measure it. i didn't think to do that after i finished yesterday.

Tyler said:
Looks awesome i like how it sits! Have you jumped it yet?

i bought it to pull a leaf sweeper around the yard, but never used it. it was only in the way of the brake caliper anyway.

Tyler said:
Looks awesome i like how it sits! Have you jumped it yet?

just got done yesterday evening. i'll put it through the paces this weekend if i get to ride.

i do have a question about the axle nut though. when i put it on there i couldn't get the outside to sit completely over the c-clip. therefore it is able to spin freely a little, but the axle isn't loose. i tightened it the best i could. anyone else had this issue with theirs?

Mine is on there but the lip of the tighting ring is almost to the point to where it is ungrabable with the tighting wrenches/

I'd still think about belly skid and swinger skid and perhaps some shock covers, but that's just me.

yeah, i actually forgot about the swingarm skid. i do want one of those. as far as belly skid and shock covers i don't believe i wanna mess with those.

some mo pics afters the nerf's:

100_0500.jpg

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0505.jpg

am i worthy of elite status yet or does it need more work?

Back