1999 Warrior Rebuild "Jar-Jar"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will, for how high my truck is the narrow ones just make loading a pain.
Plan for tomorrow is to desticker the plastics for sure.

Last edited:
dont worry I wont, right now they are more just sitting on there. I forgot I was out of zip ties for the wiring. I actually starting to pick up a few new or slightly used parts to help the rebiuld come out clean.

Got a clutch handle assembly on its way without the bulky ebrake brackets, will be winning a wide grab bar in less than 3 days one way or another. After that pulling the motor out of my other one, painting it and shining the fins. Might be getting an 87 for some other parts.

Decided to hold off on the motor, til I get the 87 here and look that motor over. Sooo I decided to strip the paint off of the rear fenders, as I was going to repaint them better. Upon getting the paint of I realized they are not to bad and a dark gray, if I can get them cleaned up good enough Ill keep them original.
IMG_20110218_092637.jpg

Doesnt look like it as of right now, Im gonna take a close look at it after I start tearing it down. If its just a stocker I wanna get a raptor 660 rear. Good news is the front ones look and felt good yet so hopefully they wont need to be rebiult yet.

damn man, your lucky you found that before I did. Nice snag.

LOL Ive been damn near living on ebay and criagslist looking go deals. The clutch perch I got to replace the factory one was a whole 8 bucks. I figure the shocks and motor off of the 87 are well worth the 300 I paid alone as long as neither things need a rebiuld anytime soon. The guy was right about the compression on the motor though, used the pull start to turn it over and holy hell, I need to figure out how to lose the valve. I think when I put it in this quad its keeping the pullstart for back up.

Latest posts

Back