1999 Warrior Rebuild "Jar-Jar"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look out for the 87's shocks. They are only 14" long instead of the 89 and up warriors which are 14.5". It'll just make it sit lower in the front.

Last edited:
I had that prob when i tore down my 87. I flipped the frame upside down on stands and the hole in the front gusset is perfect to get something through to hit on it a bit.

Stem decided to make me look like a retard. After I washed the frame with it still attached, It popped right out with one light hit with my 3lb deadblow and a punch. When I had it outside doing it I was using my 5lb sledge and a punch. Maybe cleaning the frame loosened what was stopping it. Update for the day just about done sanding the frame, Stems sanded and painted waiting for it to dry. Soon as I get the frame painted on to the swinger.

Frames for the most part painted, but I think Im high as a kite right now from the fumes:haha:. Luckly the yellow I bought is the same color so it should come out looking good. One more coat and I can start putting some parts back on, like the a arms, stem, bars, and front brakes. Yes Im babbling, must be this buzz.:eek:
IMG_20110212_184103.jpg

Thats tomorrow, I dont plan on pulling the axle out until it needs bearings which it dont, so I got alot of taping to do. I know my luck if I did pull it apart Id damage the bearings some how. Im thinking if all goes well here Im going to be pulling the motor out of the other warrior here sometime soon.

are you going to pull the sprocket and brake rotor hubs ? it would make taping the axle up easy and you could paint the hubs yellow at the same time

ya thats the plan, the hubs are already yellow I just need to look at them and see if they are chipped at all. If they arent chipped they are just going to get a good cleaning. Got a plan for the rear shock ressy, but I aint telling you all will see. Sad part is by the time Im done Im not gonna wanna ride it for fear of scratching it. lol

Sad part is by the time Im done Im not gonna wanna ride it for fear of scratching it. lol[/QUOTE]

HAHA exactly how i felt with mine.

I just cant wait to get it together though. I know the first time I fire it up im gonna have to take it for a spin just to see how it feels wider than my other one.

Im still emailing back and forth with the guy with that 87, trying to get better pics and more info like what the shocks are. If I do end up nabbing that one too, Im grabbing the parts I want/need and parting it out.

Got it put most of the way back together today. Still have some decisions to make like which bumper I want on it, the DG or the alba pro elite. Few other things to decide but I think I have most of it figure out. Hopefully Ill be putting the motor in sometime this week also. Need to get the headlights I want for it and make a cover for the headlight hole. Im liking how its turning out so far already and it can only get better. Lets see if anyone notices the little different touch I did.
IMG_20110214_165650.jpg

IMG_20110214_165704.jpg

IMG_20110214_165742.jpg

Latest posts

Back