began full rebuild!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87warrior917

Reaction score
hey guys i just got this warrior for 200 bucks from a kid that burned up the clutch and the rings are gone. i have an 87 warrior that i fully rebuilded back in early 09 and im giving that to the wife and im gettin this one. im goin with the monster energy theme and as for the motor... well its def. not gonna be stock haha. im goin with a 366 big bore kit with JE piston, monster porting, stage 1 hotcam, kimble white valves and springs. edlebrock quicksilver. getting a yoshi full exhaust system. already have a +4 swinger w/ honda style carrier, as i love to hill climb. gonna get +2 or 3 a arms with fox shocks. the motor is gettin done up as we speak and here are some pics of my progress so far! thats the wife in the back ground haha. let me know what ya guys think and any suggestions would be great!

Last edited:
thanks man! i should be able to get the stock a arms cleaned up and painted tomorrow. ill eventually get all new shocks but for not i got the stockers but i got covers that r black with the monster energy logo on them! ill keep postin pics of my progress.

Damn dude. You got quite the build going on. Keep us posted.
Can I ask why you opted for the hotcam? Also, who made that swing-arm? You might wanna think about doing an oil cooler mod to, with the bore and cam, that head is gunna get real hot real fast.

oh ya def. will keep ya posted. the hotcam just comes with the engine package the engine build sells. i asked him about other cams and he said hes always used them? are they bad? should i stay away from them? and i forgot to put the oil cooler. i have a cooler on my 87, ill get that after the motor is done

oh and as for the swinger.... im not really sure what brand it is. it kinda looks like a lonestar or alba maybe?

Humm, doesnt look like Lonestar but could be an older model. I never saw an Abla swingger before. And alba sucks now so I cant find one on there site. How did you find it? Used somewhere? Cool part.

Hotcam has mixed reviews. they are kinda the low end of cams and I have read more issues with them than other cams, but if you engine guys swears by them then I guess he has faith.I wouldnt worry bout it to much though, just wondering how you came about making your decision. That satge 1 is a good mid cam.

oh ya def. will keep ya posted. the hotcam just comes with the engine package the engine build sells. i asked him about other cams and he said hes always used them? are they bad? should i stay away from them? and i forgot to put the oil cooler. i have a cooler on my 87, ill get that after the motor is done

hotcams are good for most quads like 450s but for a warrior they dont give much gains over stock

well actually i got the swinger from a deal me and my bro inlaw swiped up. we went half in on an 88 warrior that had a 396 hotrod stroker in it,lectron carb,he said it has a hotcam?? not sure how to tell if it is thou, the +3 swinger, adjustable durablue axle, beadlock rear wheels. paid 200 each, but the wiring is a nightmare! i actually got it to start but it smokes very bad haha. we basically got it for a parts quad. but i ride mostly trails, and love killing my bros 300 ex! damn hondas. but i figured the stage one would be just right, not to radical for the trails. any other brands that u guys like?

ok thanks beastlywarrior ill give my engine builder a call and talk it over with him about the diff. cam brands. is the stage one hotcam a .390? i thought i read somewhere it was.

thanks for the link. well isnt the hotcam made to use the stock valves and springs? but i guess if ya did upgrade them it would help alot more than stock huh.

ok thats what i thought. well im gettin kimble white 1mm over valves and kimble white springs. so with that valvetrain setup would it perfom better with the hotcam than with the stock springs

I'd get a web .390 or the powroll torque cam, and the only reason I would pick the powroll over the web cam is because they are made 100miles away from me so I could go to them with any issues

Back