YZ465 Warrior hybrid.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Race cut man, I'm going to do the best I can to represent the YZ in this build. So things will be oldschool b/c that's what the bike is, gonna use oldschool DG BUMPER AND grab bar, stuff like that. Black frame with a silver swinger and arms, yellow race cut fenders, black seat YZ graphics. That's my vision anyway.

This thing is gonna be fricken awesome. Yah. Yellow and black

black and yellow blackandyellow black and yellow: yeah u huh you know what it is!
**** that song....

Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa. Popular song a couple years ago, really easy to get stuck in your head.

the song black and yellow. look it up and listen. it is about a mustang.

Whaaat? Pretty sure it's about a Camaro.

EDIT: ****, we were both wrong, just looked it up... Wiz Khalifa has a black and yellow Dodge Challenger. Black and Yellow is also referring to the colors that Pittsburgh's sports teams use.

Last edited:
nope bout a stang... sigh...

Read my edit, he's got a Challenger. Everywhere I read online said that.

here's a pic

wiz-srt.jpg

Yeah, I'm gonna cut the front fenders quite a bit and maybe just restyle the rears a bit. My 465 didn't have gold wheels,. Some did, some didn't but since TNT theme of this bike is Mt old bike the wheels will bethe semi polished stock Warrior wheels....which I need a set of,. As well as a yellow hood, yellow tank cover and black seat. If you guys have Amy old **** laying around that you were gonna junk, just send it my way please. And if any of you guys want to Paypal me $4-5 bucks, I'd really appreciate it maybe a scoop maker would donate a hood scoop to the project??? Stuff like that would be awesome!

Yeah, I'm gonna cut the front fenders quite a bit and maybe just restyle the rears a bit. My 465 didn't have gold wheels,. Some did, some didn't but since TNT theme of this bike is Mt old bike the wheels will be the semi polished stock Warrior wheels....which I need a set of,.
Actually all of the "stock" 465/490's had gold wheels. If it doesn't have them, their not stock wheels. It was the yellow & black theme from the 70's that carried on with the gold anodized rims till 84'. They carried on with the red & white theme till 89'. Then they went to a raw aluminum wheel.

This is an 82' YZ465.
Yamaha-YZ-465_zps0243c414.jpg

With that being said I talked with a guy from E2S that is a Yamaha big bore guru.. He's done a few motor swaps in his day.
He actually told me that the right pipe to run on these motors is the Honda TRX250R, FMF Fatty pipe.. The more modern design of the pipe actually helps the motor. He said adding more volume to the 465 will cause a change in port timing, and kill the bottom end. He also added that the ESR trx5 pipe would workl.. But the stinger would have to be modified, and head pipe would have to be "heavily" modified. Their a pretty expensive pipe to chop up...

So anyway. I found this pipe, and silencer at a decent price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-honda-tr...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cce6c8733&vxp=mtr
The only thing you have to do with these is cut 2" inches off the stinger, and modify the head pipe with parts off your stock pipe.

Last edited:
Well the latest is I have checked the measurement from frame to sprocket on my old warrior and placed the 465 accordingly in this chassis. Best I can figure is that regardless of the engine the sprocket must remain in the same position for proper chain alignment. I have also tried a blaster kicker on the 465 just for perspective and it will damn near work aside from being a tad short and not quite in the right position, it will slightly hit the brake master cylinder but it's good perspective.
CAM00222.jpg

CAM00223.jpg

CAM00224.jpG
I may even be able to mood it and make it work nicely, a whinge lot can be done with a torch, lol!

Last edited:
Back