yt125... yea a trimoto

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad021

Reaction score
can any one help me get this thing running? i rebuilt the engine, replaced all seals, crank bearings, and many parts inbetween, and put a pod airfilter on the carb, the only thing that hasnt been replaced is the reed valves and the jetting in the carb. When I pull it to start when it is cold it will come to life and it dose not idle very well, when it stalls and its hot it is a B*** to start back up, I'm better of letting it cool and try again later. When I clean the jets it seems to make a difference, but not to the point where I can get it to idle without me blipping the throttle every now and than. Also the choke (which we had to fabricate to make it work since they don't make a 1984 choke set up anymore) has to be constantly on or else it will die quicker. Another problem that may be causing problems is the exhaust is very sloppy and does not seal well coming off of the engine. Any suggestions? Parents are getting angry becasue its been sitting in the garage for a year (my first rebuild).

if the exhaust isnt s4ealing very well, you are sure not to be getting good compression, maybe find a way to seal that off, real good, and then give her a go

yor reads are bad my frends kx did that to him i took the reeds out and the reeds are stretched out they are open to much so u need to get a nether set of reeds

thanks, that was what I was thinking to start with was the reeds and the exhaust, but what would cause the choke to have to be always open?

thats a jetting problem there, wich could be caused from the exhaust , extra air could be entering on the intake stroke, or air/fuel mixture could be leaking on compression stroke...

Back