YFZ450 vs Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsmith133

Reaction score
ok so i need to decide weather to continue building my warrior which as of now has pretty much the necessities required to be badass(sorta). but im thinking of just getting a yfz that has everything i need such as susp, speed, acceleration, everything. warrior on the other hand needs to get money put into it to become anything close to a yfz and even then it will never be one. (check the atv for sale section and the ny area thread is my bike). suggestions or recommendations on what i should do? sell and upgrade or use some of the saved money i have for more parts to the wardogg..? i know this is a warrior site and i love the warrior but opinions are always good. plus guys give great advice. thanks

Warriors are awesome! But you have to sink alot of money to have the same acceleration and speed and handling of a yfz.. Imagine if you sunk all that money in to a yfz.. That'd be a badass quad :)

exactly. and im spending all of this money on a warrior to be "like" a yfz. when i cna just get a yfz and keep it nice and do little thing here and there and its awesome. but i do liek the warrior. never let me down, and we've had a good haul. plus i know a decent amount about them from u guys. ive already made it really nice...but i need something faster. i feel like warrior is so restricted...idk.....

thts why i said "like" ha. its a good quad but just not fast enough for me. but i like it on the other hand. plus i have good memories with it and im so used to it...

keep it the lol you dont have to sink alot of money in these warriors you just have to wait for the DEALS lol

idk if i cant sell it ill keep it
if i can sell it then ill sell it. if i cant then i will continue the build

I sold mine and bought a 660. Not as bad ass as a YFZ, but has reverse like the Warrior. Like the Warrior it has lots of torque only more. I still have my Raptor 350, though, and love it for the trails. The 660 is almost too much machine for the trails around here. If you can keep the Warrior and get the YFZ too, do it.

Another thing you have to ask yourself is, what type of riding do you do most, and what bike will do better at it. Have you ever ridden a yfz? If you know anyone with one, see if you can take it for a spin and make a descission then. Reverse is soooo nice to have. May not think that you will miss it, but there will be one incident that'll make you say, "I'm so stupid." Sure, you can whip a 180 to turn it around, but, lets face it, there are going to be times you WILL need to back up. Lol. The yfz is very comfortable and we all know it handles far better then a warrior. I'm just going to stay with my warrior for a while longer. I know the whole bike top to bottom, it never needs anything, and has more then enough power to get the front end light, and to blow through the trails. Besides, everyone goes about the same speed in the woods no matter the bike.

Yeah even consider a raptor 700. That has reverse and can be made into a 65-70 whp machine with out much effort. Yfz's are razor sharp. When you ride one it's on a whole nother level of anything else. Comparing either of the two to a warrior even say my modded out one is pointless. Really the warrior by doing the mods to it make it a better warrior not something that is going to replace something that is on another level of performance.

I would never own a yfz over Raptor. My buddys have them 07 and 11. My brothers 700R is way more nicer of a ride and keeps up, if not quicker. Plus you dont realize how much you like reverse in tight trails til you dont have it.

How is the 09+ frame super weak?

My buddy rolled his 11 like 3rd time riding it and steering stem was jacked. It wasnt even a bad roll

I would never own a yfz over Raptor. My buddys have them 07 and 11. My brothers 700R is way more nicer of a ride and keeps up, if not quicker. Plus you dont realize how much you like reverse in tight trails til you dont have it.

My buddy rolled his 11 like 3rd time riding it and steering stem was jacked. It wasnt even a bad roll

I rolled my warrior over once a while back and jacked the steering stem so it hit the tank. What does that have to do with the frame?

well the kind of riding i do is, fast track racing and jumps. nothing crazy. but i ride hard. but when im home i just either ride on trails and haul ass or i ride on the streets in the snow. but i do see the warrior is notas fast as id liek it to be... its alittle on the heavy side to. reverse im going to miss. which is why i might get a kfx450. but idk

As far as 450's go, I'd choose the KFX. Reverse is a must to me. If all I rode was sand pits and dunes, I'd choose one of the other 3. I know that the ergos on the kfx are very nice, my uncle says the best he's felt just sitting on one. Weston has one, pick his brain.

The trx has a weak trans if you run it into the ground, and they are a little harder to get power out of

The carbed yfz is nice but a dime a dozen and are built for short people

The kfx is the most comfortable to me, the downfall in the kfx is the crank is weak in them, and the efi is a pita with 11 sensors to trouble shoot when one quits.. (you can convert it to a carb which is what im gonna do and send my crank to crank works)

The ltr is supper nice also! I dont know of any flaws except no reverse and its 50" wide

Back