YFZ front shocks?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
Hey I have seen that a few people on here are running yfz front shocks. I was wondering how do the ride? Is it a good Upgrade? Are there any modifications required? And any other information about this would be great! Thanks!

You can't just bolt them right on, the shocks are too long and will cause damage to the ball joints, possibly resulting in personal injury.

You would have to either modify your frame, modify the a-arms, get a mount kit from Diamond J customs that relocates the upper shock mounts, or get custom made a-arms that can handle the longer shocks. The safest way without permanently modifying your frame is using the D.J. kit, but that's around $90, and you'll be spending at least another $150 more on the shocks, so you're not too far off getting a set of works shocks valved to your specs at that point.

I can't speak from experience with yfz shocks on the warrior, but I know yfz shocks are stiff as **** even with the longer a-arms that yfz's have, so I would suspect the ride would really beat the hell out of you with the warrior's short a-arms. My raptor 700 has basically the same 4-way adjustable shocks like the yfz with slightly different valving from the factory, and they are great shocks for not being aftermarket, but they also beat you up more than the soft damper rod style shocks on the warrior and older raptors. It's up to you but I wouldn't recommend them. If you do want to try them though, I could probably sell you the Diamond J mount kit that's been sitting in my shed for 3 years. I used it for about a week and took it off because it didn't help the problem with my shitty burgard a-arms.

Alright thanks for the input. And what your saying about having to buy the kit and the shocks which would cost as much as some works shocks is very true and I have been looking around and the yfz shocks are actually going for around $200 so I think ill just scrap this idea and look into aftermarket instead.

well i'm give the CRJ front lower kit a try, i just picked a set of 450r aftermarket shocks up. these mount to the lower shock mount, and move the lower mount out 3.5 inches, and the R shocks are 16.75"(stock warrrior is 14.50"), i've talked to CRJ, and we discussed how this kit would hold to XC racing demands, they said that their kit would work.i'm a little ify about that, but the kit is not designed for motocross (NO EXTREME JUMPING). the kit is designed for ice racing or flat track racing.

i'll keep everone posted on my thoughts and testing!

if anyone has anything to add or has any knowledge on this kit, please share!!!

Wow that would really change suspension geometry moving the lower mount out that far, and how progressive the shock is as well.

this why i'm going to try this with my old frame and old a-arms, tie rods. So if anything decides to fail and **** **** up, i won't feel bad! i just hope i don't land on my fricken head! ;D

hey! by the way, how are those aftermarket a-arms coming along anyways? i heard some talk about them a couple of months ago, from one of site members. HINT HINT!!!!

Sorry all , I m trying to do a lot of things at once right now . I will post progress as soon as there is some .LOL.

Back