YFM400 and YFM350 similarities?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrider12

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here and was wondering if there is any parts interchangeability between the yfm350 and yfm400 besides the big bear oil cooler.

What I'm thinking in particular is that both machines have a 83mm bore, but the 400 has a longer stroke. Has anybody stuffed a yfm400 crank in a warrior with a little modification?

Thanks

In the tutorials section on this site there is a thread about this it tells everything about this mod. If I remember correct I think it's called fst 500cc warrior parts list.

BeastlyWarrior228 said:
yes back in the day mickey dunlap did that to make a 500 warrior otherwise everything else isnt and not any better

well what parts did he use? I don't want a 500 warrior for reliability and longevity reasons.

But the YFM400 crank and a 85mm bore seem like it would add a good amount of punch and remain reliable if the crank will fit with minor modification.

Ya just go with the 446 because supposedly there is only a 4-5 hp gain from the 446 to the 500.

Back