Yamaha Warrior, BIG PROBLEM

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falkk

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have an -02 Yamaha Warrior and it was working just fine for a long time. Now one day I was driving and the engine suddenly stopped.
I inspected everything and noticed that from the CDI box there was a cord loose. It was the cord that gives the spark so after re-installing it, the engine started again. But after this there was a huge power loss in the engine, it is like half of the power it had before.
Also during the time the engine had stopped, I removed the carb and cleaned it with gasoline, because I thought maybe there is a clog somewhere. I have also inspected the carb that everything is in the right place and tightened accordinly. Also the air-filter is clean.

It seems as if it goes only to a certain RPM and no more.

Do you guys have some suggestions what could be wrong here ? Could it be an electronical problem ?

Thank you

It seems as the RPM is somehow limited. Does the reverse switch limit the RPM? How can I undo this ?

Can someone guide me how to disconnect the parking brake and reverse ? Is there some cord that goes to the CDI box that causes this ?

Back