????????xx

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xwarriorrider69x

Reaction score
If i get bigger tires in the rear that will give me more clearance right......... how big should i go with the rear and how big can i go with the front?

I have 23 in the front 22 in the rear.............No problems and I have ac nerfs.
Mines a 87 so I dont know if theat changes anything in the front...

If you ride with 6 ply tires go with 20" in the rear, the 22's add a decent amount of unecessary weight.

lol, im have 25's on there right now because its been real wet down here, it turns them fine, i just use them 4 the mud

i run 22's they work good. but just remember 20's equal less ground clearance. but 22's equal more weight.

no, i dont have any problem with 20 inch tires, i ride the same places you do, dont hit the big rocks....get 20 inch rear tires and get a rear skid plate you will be fine

I have been thinking about going back to 22s for clearance also. The trails around are rutted bad from 4x4s. But it was getting hung up 3/4 of the way up a good size hill that got me. And no, adjusting the shock will not raise the skid plate.

You'll eliminate the fun factor if you go above 20's, those handle many many times better than even 22's. If it's only those pesty little sandy hill climbs you're concerned with just get a set of thicker sand paddles such as the geckos. The sand geckos are very tough paddles and only 21's, and they also handle debris and road crossings without any damage to the paddles. If you do the same thing with haulers or just about any other paddle they will get the **** torn out of them. You're not going to get the clearance required regardless of what you do if it's 4x4 quads that are digging those ruts, just slap on some paddles to scoop up the **** and launch you up the damnable hill. I was digging some serious ruts with those tires up the snake like hill climb at bull gap last summer, nearly everyone was getting stuck by the time I was done there.

Back