xc and woods riders, i need your help. (Updated)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
K well i got 2 questions with pictures to help explain :)

1. K well im getting into harescambles or so called xc racing. I have a lonestar dominator axle that can be eather an inch shorter, stock, or an inch or 2 bigger then stock. I have it on stock right now. Im also getting +2 or +3 a-arms, idk what width yet, and im getting works shocks set up for woods and my wieght with the a-arms.

Heres the question, I have big ass back tires 12" wide
cam2.jpg
. Would i want to eather have the axle the same width as the front, shorter, or wider? Right now it looks like if i get those a-arms on there and i put those 12" wide tires on it will be wider then the front at stock length axle.

Here the second part of this if i should keep it stock lenth with everything on do you think i should sell/trade the dominator, for a stock axle and money or 2 stock axles or just get a aftermarket axle that is stock length? I think it would be better if i just get 2 stock axle because if i bend this i would be pissed because it cost soo much but if i bend a stock i have another one to put on and i wouldnt care becuast its stock.

2. Now the second question. Im like upsessed with prm stuff, i already have the 6 pack rack with warrior ingraved to the back, and im getting the side bars by them. I was wonding which bumper should i get, eather the prm baja or the summit. I have cut plastics so i cant go off the pics on there website of which would look better so im putting pics up for you guys.

I DECIDED IM GETTING THE SUMMIT BUMPER

my front cut plastics:
Cutplastics2.jpg

Cutplastics8.jpg

PRM Summit bumper:
prmsummit.jpg

I DECIDED ON GETTING THE SUMMIT

3. Now another question, a-arms, im know im gettting wicked a-arms but idk what size, eather +2+1 or +3+1? Im doing harescambles, and i think +3 would make it better seeing how warriors are really skinny anyways. An axle or shocks will not be a problem here i can get those, im just needing a width on a-arms before that stuff though.

Your oppinions please,
Thanks
Bisk

I'd say the Summit bumper for your cuts on the plastic. As far as the rear axle goes, I'd say make sure that your rear end is just as wide or narrower than your front. Don't want to get hung up on something just cause your front end went through and you didn't take a wider rear end into account. Stock axles are pretty strong but can't go wrong with aftermarket. If you are the original owner of the Lonestar axle you should be able to get it straigtened for free under their warranty plan. If not then a fee is charged.

the front should be wider or the same as teh back. it makes it harder to turn sharp with the front skinnier then the back too.

Thanks guys i think im just going to sell the lonestar and get eather a stock and money or two stock and some money.

O im the second owner of the axle so i would have to pay to get it fixed and thats not happening any time soon, i cant even pay to get my kibblewhite lower collars and thats what i neeed to get my bike running.

I'd use the extended axle. I had +2 arms and a +4 axle and it worked out really well. The trails in SW PA are really, really tight and I didn't have any problems anywhere. The stock Warrior/Rappy is so skinny you're going to be at a big disadvantage. Widening it 4" just puts you on an even playing field with the other guys racing.

luke are those baja wheels offset? if they are just sell the axle, and use those offset rims with a stock axle like how mine is right now. it's pretty wide with those rims on it and if you get aarms too you would be good.

well since your getting into harescrambles I'd loot into the baja bumper, the summit has the triangle openings, so it would create pinch points while lifting your quad by the bumper if/when you get stuck. and as far as the axle width i'd suggest running the first one on the stock setting, seeing how the width is, and if your more comfortable with the added width in the rear.
~Bill

For XC the summit bumper is the way to go.. I have hit alot of tree's with it to make a pass.. and when bike traffic get thick it works pretty good for pushing and bumping.. LOL

Heres another question, +3+1 a-arms or +2+1 a-arms for hairscambles. They would be wickeds by the way.

O i decided on the summit bumper and idk about the axle yet i would have to get the a-arms first.

Thanks guys for the help.

+2. You'll be at a pretty good width with them. +3 and I'd start to worry about being a little too wide. My 400 only has +1's but it started out a little wider than a Warrior, if it had +2s on it it would be too wide.

+3's should be fine, but they'll be harder to find compatibile parts for. Mainly brake lines. You'll have to get longer brake lines for +3's to work, and most are only available in +2. Same thing with aftermarket tie rod sets, most are only available in stock or +2 width. I'm running +2 arms and wheels offset to add another inch on each side, and it's not too wide for any of the trails I ride. 2 inches is nothing. I'd still stick to +2 arms though just because of parts availability.

You will probably end up getting some extended braided brake lines eventually anyways. The stock lines may WORK with +2 arms, but it's a stretch and your braking performance starts to really suck because of it. When I switched to my extended arms the brake lever would pull to the handlebars and the tires would barely lock up in wet grass.

I'm really gonna show my noob status here but, what's xc? I've never heard of that.

+3's should be fine, but they'll be harder to find compatibile parts for. Mainly brake lines. You'll have to get longer brake lines for +3's to work, and most are only available in +2. Same thing with aftermarket tie rod sets, most are only available in stock or +2 width. I'm running +2 arms and wheels offset to add another inch on each side, and it's not too wide for any of the trails I ride. 2 inches is nothing. I'd still stick to +2 arms though just because of parts availability.

You will probably end up getting some extended braided brake lines eventually anyways. The stock lines may WORK with +2 arms, but it's a stretch and your braking performance starts to really suck because of it. When I switched to my extended arms the brake lever would pull to the handlebars and the tires would barely lock up in wet grass.

Like i said earlyer i can get anything wholesale so im going to get everyting from wicked and they have the +3 hoses and tie rods and everything has a lift time warranty. So i think i will be set with the 3's, if i can get those, what do you think?

I thought you were a member of T.E.R.? Don't you already know this stuff? ;D ;D

hahaha shut up that starts in a month then you cant talk **** well you still can because ill probly still come in last but hey at least im out there. Me and my other team mates, me another atv, and two dirtbikes.

ROCK ON!!! I was just teasin'. Get out there and git some!!!

Back