• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

X-Ring chain links

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
Anyone have any extra X-ring chain links sitting around? I new about 10 links or so. I'll see this weekend exactly how many links I need.

ill have a look today i know i have a chain but im not sure if it an x-ring or o-ring

thats ok. I'll find some somewhere. I don't wanna buy another whole chain, the x-rings are pricey.

why did you choose x-ring over o-ring? whats the difference? i need to get a new chain and i dont know anyone who runs an x-ring

Last longer and runs smoother.

X ring has a a flat profile to the O-ring, which gives it a greater contact area, thus it stays cleaner (grit is death to chains) and lasts longer than the other types of chain. Interior grit not only ruins the chain quicker it also wears the sprocket more. Also has multiple sealing points and is supposed to have less friction on the chain.

In my age, I'm learning to buy the good stuff once then having to buy the ok stuff a bunch of times. Chain, sprockets, bearings and seals. All stuff that is wise to spend the money on. Least if you want to save yourself and your quad in the long run.

then dead you shouldn't bot Ti-ll sidewinder sprockets and a smart chain they are garentied never to wear out!! lifetime warranty!!!

Last longer and runs smoother.

X ring has a a flat profile to the O-ring, which gives it a greater contact area, thus it stays cleaner (grit is death to chains) and lasts longer than the other types of chain. Interior grit not only ruins the chain quicker it also wears the sprocket more. Also has multiple sealing points and is supposed to have less friction on the chain.

In my age, I'm learning to buy the good stuff once then having to buy the ok stuff a bunch of times. Chain, sprockets, bearings and seals. All stuff that is wise to spend the money on. Least if you want to save yourself and your quad in the long run.

I've learned that leason a few times myself!! i have been wanting to ask someone about this, my stock chain is about due so i guess ill try an x-ring

then dead you shouldn't bot Ti-ll sidewinder sprockets and a smart chain they are garentied never to wear out!! lifetime warranty!!!

I know man, I have debated there stuff. Perhaps when I got to get mew sprockets I'll buy there stuff.

the money is a killer if you look at the tag though 360 for the set and a chain:eek: im tempted but i like to be able to change gearing and keep the warranty without spending a grand on it

yeah, but you figure, for the rest of your life, you'll never have to pay for any of that stuff again. Its worth it.

I've learned that leason a few times myself!! i have been wanting to ask someone about this, my stock chain is about due so i guess ill try an x-ring

Go with the X-ring. I bought mine on the 1st rebuild of the warrior a full year ago and its still in good shape.

I have some spare links I'll check how many I have, I know it's almost enough to make a necklace out of lol

Back