wut grade of fuel do i use with my mods now??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89YFM_BEAST

Reaction score
Hey guys long time iv been on here lol but I just put 1500$ into my motor!it is bored out now got a high comp piston,diamond valves an springs crank is still stock,stage 1 hotcam,an I got it jeted an piped its got that sick DG megaphone muffler sounds like a 450 lmao an it has 145psi compression wut I am askin I have been runnin 87octain now me myself I'm thinkin with these mods now I should go up 4points for octain think 91octain guys would be better??

i only run supreme 93 in mine for the fact that its cleaner fuel and more consistent, 91 will do but you will notice a different with 93 but you are going to make sure you are jetted properly to see the full effects of the built motor

Ultra 94??

93 is the highest we got here in the states that is widely available. Thats what goes in my quad.

Well I wanted some more power I got the muffler way before I just got the motor redone but ya the piston is a wiseco an it runnin rich now witch is good for a fresh top end keeps it cooler but ima thinkin 91 cause 94 burns a lot hotter for sure its not done up to the tits or nothing so I will go with 91oct an see wut happens I know I'm not crackin on it to much atleast 3tanks of gas an I will start to honk on it:D

I hear this DG megaphone exaust is the best for mid to top end for the warrior that's wut iv heard but iv heard HMF is better I don't know but this DG man does it have so much flow an sound it is sweet its also repacked to an it had no packing in it but seem louder probly cause my stage 1 cam an stuff I guess

Ultra 94??

93 is the highest we got here in the states that is widely available. Thats what goes in my quad.

we get it at sunoco well did now that petro canada bought out the sunoco's in canada we can get it at just about any petro canada

I hear this DG megaphone exaust is the best for mid to top end for the warrior that's wut iv heard but iv heard HMF is better I don't know but this DG man does it have so much flow an sound it is sweet its also repacked to an it had no packing in it but seem louder probly cause my stage 1 cam an stuff I guess

False their not good for much but noise no real power gain potential in them. My uncle has one on his quad and i hate it

Well I wanted some more power I got the muffler way before I just got the motor redone but ya the piston is a wiseco an it runnin rich now witch is good for a fresh top end keeps it cooler but ima thinkin 91 cause 94 burns a lot hotter for sure

ok, I have a couple of discrepancies with these statements. A) richer is cooler to a degree but too rich Will wash the cylinder & rings won't seat. B) Higher octane fuels burn slower, therefore they burn cooler, this is also part of the reason that higher octane fuels are used to prevent predetonation.

False their not good for much but noise no real power gain potential in them. My uncle has one on his quad and i hate it

i must disagree... i got a buddy with a dg full pipe and stock intake box motor jetting ect his would outrun my warrior with a 10.25:1 motor with k&n filter 38mm carb and jetted perfectly no matter who was riding which

U know it duneracerweston since I put that DG on man I really felt a lot in the mid to top not as much for bottom but I do love my top end cause me an the county boys like to drag down here big time with my new mods I want to race a 400ex to see wut happens all on the rider that's if its not modded to the hilt lol

That's megaphone I got on is like a 4inch can with like a 2/1/4 outlet its beefy an looks sick on my bike I like big pipe for big power:)

Plus its a solid muffler not a alum its construted very tough I like it myself but its my first aftermarket muffler for my warrior hmf is like way to much money like 500$just for a pipe **** I would rather go with a yoshi if the got a yoshimura for the warrior

Ya 70$ that's a way better price for sure I got this DG for 50$ so I couldn't complain ya know an it is better than the stocker for sure that I can feel riding it for sure!

Plus its a solid muffler not a alum its construted very tough I like it myself but its my first aftermarket muffler for my warrior hmf is like way to much money like 500$just for a pipe **** I would rather go with a yoshi if the got a yoshimura for the warrior

You bet your ass they make a yosh for a warrior!!! Cause i have one on mine right now! Best sounding, performing pipe you can get. I got mine for 190 shipped and it was the full stainless exhaust with the step up header, it was used BTW. GYTR and HMF are good pipes also but the Yosh is king IMO. I had a cheap DG RCM on my old 87 warrior and it was sooooo fuggin loud it would give me a headache on long rides.... BUT it had a ton of top end power.... I wish i still had it cause like you said top of mid to top end power was there for sure. A DG exhaust is cheap, yes, but its basically straight thru, and if jetted right, it acts like open headers on a drag car. More flow more power.

Back