• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Warrior motor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998yamahawarrior

Reaction score
Since im on my way to combining the 2 warriors I have to make one kick ass one for me. I plan on putting my original one back to stock for the wife. So Im looking for a bone stock motor, small mods ok. Would like it to run, but if it needs minor work thats ok to. Let me know!

I have one, runs smooth no noise good clutch but smokes. I'm almost positive bad rings are the problem. also needs a pickup coil (i had to roll start it). complete from header to carb (carb will need a lil attention). its a 96, i swapped mine to a 2000. I'll sell it for $100. all things considered that's a pretty damn good deal! I can give you tons of detail on it, just let me know if you are interested

Interested, if you could figure what shipping it would cost. Well go from there. my zip code 53811. and more detail would be great.

cool, i imagine it would be pricey but i'll see if i can find a flat rate box it would fit into. ok so I have fiddled with this motor for a while, i haven't torn it apart but i can still tell you a bit about it. The timing chain tensioner is only a few clicks from being fully extended so while you are changing the rings go ahead and change the timing chain, it's not a necessity but in 5 years you will be glad you did. no cam/valve chatter at all so i would probably just clean the head components and leave the head alone(don't wanna mes with a good thing). its jetted stock so i bet the motor has no mods, it's probably never been apart. When on the quad a couple months ago there was a slight miss, like I mentioned the pickup coil is going bad, the stator isn't bad but it wouldn't hurt to replace the whole assembly. clutch let out good and it shifted through all the gears good. reverse works and the whole assembly is there including lever. the chain cover is broken and there is a little jb weld on the case in that area, all i know about that is it doesn't leak. I broke one of the exhaust bolts off taking the header off but i'll drill & tap that for you so don't worry about it, just thought i'd mention it. the carb is good but the accel pump in the bowl is broken, still a very usable carb, if you replace the accel pump you will have a better low rpm throttle response. well thats everything, i'm being extremely honest about the motor. it's well worth fixing I just have no use for it. everything you will need is included. and a bit of info 96-2001 wiring harness is the same. i'll work on getting a shipping quote

ya shipping is my only worry, its the only thing that could be a deal breaker. Especially since I found an entire 87 with aftermarket front shocks for 400 and I can probably talk them down. So we will see.

Last edited:
Man atvs sure are cheaper in the midwest/east coast
this is the cheapest on craiglist around here http://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/2162877988.html
and they run up to 3500

The ad for that one i found says dont run, but has compression. Which means either something electrical or something in the carb or boot. But since Theres one on here I have to wiegh the cost of repair this one with price and shipping and picking up that one. That could be parted out to recover some cost, so we'll see.

Man atvs sure are cheaper in the midwest/east coast
this is the cheapest on craiglist around here http://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/2162877988.html
and they run up to 3500

Holy crap that thing is bone stock. I'd buy it just to keep it as a show piece. Hahaha. Only my goofy ass would think thats cool. I'd love to have a mint 1st 2nd and 3rd gen warrior. Just for show.

cool, i imagine it would be pricey but i'll see if i can find a flat rate box it would fit into. ok so I have fiddled with this motor for a while, i haven't torn it apart but i can still tell you a bit about it. The timing chain tensioner is only a few clicks from being fully extended so while you are changing the rings go ahead and change the timing chain, it's not a necessity but in 5 years you will be glad you did. no cam/valve chatter at all so i would probably just clean the head components and leave the head alone(don't wanna mes with a good thing). its jetted stock so i bet the motor has no mods, it's probably never been apart. When on the quad a couple months ago there was a slight miss, like I mentioned the pickup coil is going bad, the stator isn't bad but it wouldn't hurt to replace the whole assembly. clutch let out good and it shifted through all the gears good. reverse works and the whole assembly is there including lever. the chain cover is broken and there is a little jb weld on the case in that area, all i know about that is it doesn't leak. I broke one of the exhaust bolts off taking the header off but i'll drill & tap that for you so don't worry about it, just thought i'd mention it. the carb is good but the accel pump in the bowl is broken, still a very usable carb, if you replace the accel pump you will have a better low rpm throttle response. well thats everything, i'm being extremely honest about the motor. it's well worth fixing I just have no use for it. everything you will need is included. and a bit of info 96-2001 wiring harness is the same. i'll work on getting a shipping quote

If you could pm or post a pic of the busted stud, id appreciate it. If it broke a certian way I have a trick to get them out. that way I can tell you to bother with removing it or not.

My trick is Ive got a 12 point socket that fits on with a little force and so far has pulled both out of the motor I have here.

Back