• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Ball Joint off of 1987

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbthreat

Reaction score
I need to buy a new ball joint (or a used one if in good shape) for a 1987 Warrior. That's the style they use in my lonestar +2 a-arms, and the top portion of the one I just bought used, is broken. Any help of findin one cheap is also appreciated.

R u kidding me there broken. Omg dude soo sorry the felt fine for me. I actualy have upper and lower a-arms off a 1988 so ill check them out and ill send some pics then ill give them to you for free becuase i messed up on this one. Also i dont need them and there taken up space so im going to just give them to you.

Don't worry about it. The broken head was covered up by the nut, so it would have been easy to miss. I was just cleaning them up, one of the upper arms, and I was looking at the upper ball joint, and saw that it had broken where the cotter pin holes were for the bolt. Popped it out, and sure enough it needs replacing. I went to lonestars site and they said it required a 1987 ball joint; they were pretty specific about it.

Oh well, I think I'll just find an oem site and buy one. Don't see too many 1987 originals running around. Damn new ball joints are pressed into the a-arms, so no luck in swapping those out, else I would have taken them off of my old stock ones. lol

Don't worry about it. The broken head was covered up by the nut, so it would have been easy to miss. I was just cleaning them up, one of the upper arms, and I was looking at the upper ball joint, and saw that it had broken where the cotter pin holes were for the bolt. Popped it out, and sure enough it needs replacing. I went to lonestars site and they said it required a 1987 ball joint; they were pretty specific about it.

Oh well, I think I'll just find an oem site and buy one. Don't see too many 1987 originals running around. Damn new ball joints are pressed into the a-arms, so no luck in swapping those out, else I would have taken them off of my old stock ones. lol

Pressed and welded haha otherwise you could replace them. I think with enough persuasion one could remove them but the day one of mine goes bad is the day i make an order at ASR for some plus 2's

Yeah, it sucks that 1987 was the only year for that screwed in ball joint. At least I can replace it alone, instead of the whole a-arm.

Don't need one anymore. Had to buy one and cost $51 (ouch). Got it from shop.powersmotorsports.com which was 20% cheaper than bikebandit.com for its OEM parts. So if any of you need to get new OEM parts, check them out.

Thanks for the link. Yeah their prices were cheaper...I'll have to remember that for the future.

Back