wow. you would think...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yfm350

Reaction score
you would think someone thats 50 and has been around this stuff for a while would know......

so, my cousin bought a new 2008 yamaha grizzly 700 EFI it's a BEAST!! only seen it in the back of his truck, might go out riding together soon, but it sucks it's really cold.

anyways, my dad and my cousin got talking.... and my dad thinks my warrior can keep up with the grizzly if not beat it in a race...... my cousin also thinks that....

I have pics of his grizzly on my camera but the batteries are charging right now

Yamaha_grizzly_fi_700.jpg

PB260004.jpg

my dad also doesn't know the difference between 2 and 4 stroke.

my dad thinks our 1982 Yamaha Exiter 340 is a 4 stroke because you don't have to mix the gas...... LOL only recently has there been 4 stroke sleds.....

if we go out riding and theres a place where we can drag a little, it will be obvious

You're warrior is going to get beat.
I have a buddy that I go riding with and he's got a 660 grizzly. Stock to stock it will be about the same speed on pavement...On the dirt he would beat me accelerating by a couple of bike lengths but as we start to reach top speed I would gain it back. Now with my mods its no contest. You better be ready.

You're warrior is going to get beat.
I have a buddy that I go riding with and he's got a 660 grizzly. Stock to stock it will be about the same speed on pavement...On the dirt he would beat me accelerating by a couple of bike lengths but as we start to reach top speed I would gain it back. Now with my mods its no contest. You better be ready.

If you are on trails I'd have to disagree. Depends on the riders of course but if you can slide through the corners you should pull away easily. I've rode with several Grizzlies and they are great quads but not the best of trail racing machines. Let us know how it goes!

Yeah if you're on the trails you'll beat him as the IFS in the rear end makes it a little tippy and tends to roll around the coners. Also because it's a taller machine.
In a stright line, you will get beat.

I own both, a warrior with pipe, k&n, and jet kit, and a grizzly with a 12:1 piston +1 mm bore and bone stock, even stock tires, the warrior will smoke it in the trails but a flat out drag race, the grizzly eats the warrior hands down after about 2nd gear in the warrior, stock to stock, id still say grizzly wins

Remember the grizz 660 came from the factory with 34 rear wheel HP, so piped and properly jetted you hover around 40HP, now it needs all those horses to move it's 700lb ass but they do move. Compare that with a stock Warriors wimpy ass 18 RWHP or piped about 22HP and weighing in at 400lbs.
Stock for stock the Grizz wins in the HP race vs pounds

Grizz 34HP / 700lb = .0486 HP to weight ratio
Warr 18HP / 400lb = .0450 HP to weight ratio

It isn't that off but were still comparing apples and oranges here as the Grizzez big motor is making gobs more torque too.

not to be offended your dad and cousin, but they seem a few fries short of a full happy meal when it comes to atv's and speed

Wow, you guys may disagree, but I feel ashamed in the warrior for being beat/tied by/with a utility quad. I mean trials maybe but drag... damn. How would a raptor 350 do against a grizzly 700 stock for stock?

Race em. Let us know how much they are off on a drag race and through the trails. Then switch rides and do it again to see what difference the riders make.

Wow, you guys may disagree, but I feel ashamed in the warrior for being beat/tied by/with a utility quad. I mean trials maybe but drag... damn. How would a raptor 350 do against a grizzly 700 stock for stock?

You'd still get you're ass waxed... It's the same fourwheeler.
You got to remember to the grizz just lays the power down and has an ass load of torque, where as the little warrior 350 has to shift through the gears and doesn't have near the bottom end torque or hp the grizz has. It is lighter and that helps but still.. .
Untill you ride with one then you will understand what I'm talking about if you don't already.
You have to understand that you're comparing a old 90's fourwheeler design to the very latest design.. even if it's bigger it's got way more power and torque.. the engine is huge. This is the new age of fourwheelers.. all the ute's will be right up there with the sports now. Look at the bomb and raptor 700 videos on the net.. looks like most of the time the raptor will get beat by the ute. Now thats pretty crazy for considering how fast a raptor is, it makes it even more nuts.

It's like comparing a big, tuned up diesel truck to something like a Nissan 350Z. Sure the diesel truck weighs a shitload, but it's got soo much power that it can move that weight easily. The 350Z on the other hand, weighs much less, but the power to weight ratio is still worse. So it'll be slower in a straight line. But on a track, the truck will get lapped.

my cousin is around 250lbs and the 700 grizzly maybe 700lbs maybe, I didn't check on the yamaha website.

and the warrior is about 400lbs and im around 150lbs. warrior is all stock except razr tires and a K&N air filter.

my cousin just got it, still getting it broken in. so it's all stock

and we're talking about in a straight line, theres not really any trails around here.

what about with a HMF pipe? I want to get one, but then I don't know if it's worth the money since I don't ride the warrior that much. bugging my parents to look for a house with some property so I can ride every day

Back