Worth Trading for a Raptor 660?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So I was looking around on craigslist and came across a Raptor that needs motor work. The seller said it was the valves and that the motor is bad, but none the less I'd just rebuild and overhaul the entire thing. Now I don't need a 4th bike, so one would go... and that would be the Warrior. Is it worth trading my Warrior for a 660 though?

I got my 93 warrior for dirt cheap (bought it and a 89 TRX 250R basket case for $350). I've rebuilt the whole bike since it was sitting outside and sunk into the mud, so it got a face lift and upgrades overtime. The only problem is the lack of power... Don't get me wrong, I can't kill the thing and it is great for a woods bike, and my 250R and Banshee will be making plenty of power. I'm just debating on if its worth trading.

The seller said he would let it go for $800, it was listed at $1000, but I'm sure I could get it for even less if I really felt like dropping cash.

My Warrior has the following upgrades:

White Brothers E Series Exhaust
Z400 Carb
Uni filter with adapter, jetted for no lid
G-Force rear axle
YFZ 450 front calipers
Banshee rear shock

and I really think that's about it. Nothing too serious, but all of the small additions have helped. The 660 is a 04 and it is stock.

Calculate how much it would cost to get the 660 fixed, and how much you could get for it running. Then take how much you think you could sell your Warrior for and add it to the cost of the fix for the 660 and if it's less then what you could sell it for then I'd say it's a good deal.

as long as the rappy isnt a 2001 because those had the bad trannys in them. i think just a small percent of the 2002's had the bad trannys also. just be cautious about it

Also depends on what is "bad" about the valves. Bent (from piston contact)? Burned? Broken guide(s)? Demolished valve seats? Piece of piston crown in bottom end? Scored jug?

Shizz can get plenty deep in a hurry...

Yeah he said the motor is bad, which to me if that's the case, its only a $500 roller in my book.
The motor work doesn't scare me, I've been elbows deep into my buddies 660 motor doing the whole tranny upgrade, which requires a complete tear down.

Ah tough call... my warrior is definitely worth more than $500, but then again they are a dime a dozen around me, and worth more in parts if you want to go through the hassle of finding buyers for everything and not having stuff lay around.

Oh yeah. Egh. I'd pass. the 660 are a waste of a quad. To high heavy, ugly and sort of a rushed production. I'm not a fan.

Back