Works At Steelers owners

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstcriusen1

Reaction score
Are they a worth while upgrade for the money?
I need new shocks So I htought I would ask.

I also wondering Rockymountainatv sells them on hand and ready to go..........
They list them like this ~~~~Front A-T Steeler Shocks are rated for 150-195 lb. riders and aggressive recreation/competition use.

I weigh in at 160 : ) WOUld aggressive recreation use fall into a
hard trail rider?

I know they gotta be better than stockers. But I also like to smooth out the ride............along with the usual flyen through the trails .

So i guess what I'm pretty much asken is.....when you guys ordered your shocks..........How specific on the weight were they? Or is there a range like there staten?

If ya asked for aggressive recreation/competition use when you recieved yours was it still a much smoother ride than the stockers or did they stiffen the **** outta them for jumpen.n such?

Also they say there compression adjustable (on another site)
With a clip of some type???? ANY info on that would be appreciated.

Bare with me here guys...........I'm never bought shocks before and I dont kow anyone that has them but some of you guys.......... : )

Your input is appreciated!

don't buy them from rockymountain. If you buy them from ebay or just about anywhere else, when you order them you can tell them your weight, riding style, if you have extended a-arms, etc. and the shocks you receive will be custom tailored to your application. Rockymountain's won't be, so they won't be the best setup.

Thats one of the things I was wondering.
But there description already seems to fit my weight and riding style.
And my a-arms are stockers............There amde for the stock arms also
My front rims are flipped ..........So if there a little on the stiff side it would probabbly be jsut about right?

Thats one of the things I was wondering.
But there description already seems to fit my weight and riding style.
And my a-arms are stockers............There amde for the stock arms also
My front rims are flipped ..........So if there a little on the stiff side it would probabbly be jsut about right?

Yea dont get tehm from rocky mountain, they are what we call " cookie cutter" shocks.

Id tell them you have your rims flipped they prolly know how much stiffer to make them as its a common mod.

the works at steeler shocks are great. im sure they arent as good as elkas, but they are much cheaper and do (basically) the same thing. i have the at steelers in front and quadstar in the rear and i have to tell you that it was one of the best purchases i have made for my quad. i ride some tough trails and i ride them HARD, but now i can take trails that i normally could only do in 1st or 2nd with stock suspension on and run them in 3rd or 4th. if you can spring for the remote rezzies on the front when you get them, go for it. they are not necessary (i dont have them either) unless you are racing and need extra cooling of the shock oil. i also agree about the cookie cutter shocks that people buy. i bought mine from my local shop, so they were set up to my weight (it is in a range though, i know you were wondering) and my riding style (mostly wooded rocky trails). i plan to ride some harescrambles sometime soon and im sure the shocks will help quite a bit and they will withstand racing (like harescrambles and ****). i think they help with jumping as well, since you can get dual (and maybe triple) rate springs on the front, but you can still end up bottoming out a warrior if you arent careful. (not that hard really! lol) well, just read up about dual and triple rate springs and get the set that is within your weight range. they are adjustable, but i think they set them up from the factory to work with your weight on your bike, so i havent adjusted mine yet. (might need to check the ride height and sag in the rear though) good luck!

Back