wont start???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20warrior00

Reaction score
my warrior is really hard to start, most of the time it wont, if i crank it over for a while it will start sometimes, then when i shut it off for a second and start it again it will fire right up, but if i let it set for a few minutes and try it wont start? i can jump start it fine, fires right up.
its got gas,fire, and compression. what would this be? lean pilot or stator issues?

check your stator with a spark tester. i just went through an entire process of trying to figure out why my quad wouldnt start.. stator wasnt the main issue but deffly aided in it not firing over. you be amazed how much of a difference a good stator makes

well i measured the source coil and got 355 ,supposed to be 270-330, i got 2 extra source coils that measured out good. can i just replace the source coil without replacing the whole stator because it looks like its pressed in??

if i were doing it, i would just replace the whole stator. they are alil expensive but deffly worth it. but they are a bitch to separate from the case.. my room mate actually took it to his shop and replaced it for me, i know he said its best to use an impact screw driver to break the screws otherwise youll strip the heads on them

If you're still having problems check your airbox, carb boot, carb for leaks. Warriors run off pressurized intake systems and a leak can mimic carb problems, can cause carb problems and throw you for a loop. Just my .02$, best of luck to ya.

Chris : )

Oh, and also, the starter relays can snap and pop, they'll click and won't kick the motor over and drain the battery, so check that as well. Usually it's on the left rear side as you sit as if riding and connects the pos(+) and neg(-) battery terminals to it... this is another known problem spot, so may as well check that too.

Back