Won't Start / Video

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downazzdsm

Reaction score
So the Raptor has been sitting in the garage for about 4 months. I took it out and washed it the other day. After I washed it, I tried to start it and nothing. I did start it about 2 weeks back just to move the fluids around, and it ran/started fine. I'm guessing when I washed it, I shorted something out. I tested the starter and it works. I tried replacing the starter relay, but that didn't help. The battery does have a low charge, so I hooked my charger/starter up to it. The lights work but when I hit the starter button, it makes a wierd buzzing noise. Could the CDI be bad? Any help is appriciated. Here is a video of what it sounds like.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/DownAzzDSM/?action=view&current=DSCF0635.flv

downazzdsm said:
So the Raptor has been sitting in the garage for about 4 months. I took it out and washed it the other day. After I washed it, I tried to start it and nothing. I did start it about 2 weeks back just to move the fluids around, and it ran/started fine. I'm guessing when I washed it, I shorted something out. I tested the starter and it works. I tried replacing the starter relay, but that didn't help. The battery does have a low charge, so I hooked my charger/starter up to it. The lights work but when I hit the starter button, it makes a wierd buzzing noise. Could the CDI be bad? Any help is appriciated. Here is a video of what it sounds like.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/DownAzzDSM/?action=view&current=DSCF0635.flv

Loose connection or bad battery. Can not be the CDI.

OK, I just ordered a battery so I'm praying it works. Where should I check for the loose connection?

I'd also vote bad battery or loose cable connection. Check the connections at the battery itself, the ground from the battery, and the connections on the solenoid and starter. Don't just look at them, actually disconnect them and check that there is no corrosion or buildup, just clean shiny metal tight against clean shiny metal. If in doubt, clean the terminals up with a little sandpaper or a wire brush, and then put some electrical grease on the connection to prevent corrosion from happening in the future. Pay special attention to the connections on the battery, they can look fine and feel tight, but if there's a buildup of dirt and corrosion it'll just buzz or do nothing at all. I've had that happen more than once before i started putting grease on them and it hasn't happened since.

Back