Won't start...Battery Question? **Update #2

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex

Reaction score
I think my battery is dead.

I was looking at Engergizer batteries at Walmart.

They have two different 12V batteries.

One is:

12N9-eB-1 105 CA 85 CCA ($29)

the other is:

12A-A 205CA 165CCA ($59)

I also got a quote from a local powersports dealer for a Yuasa for $60 and a Durabatt for $40.

Is there any advantage with one brand over the other?

How many CA and CCA does a Warrior actually need?

i got a battery for $26 or 27? at rockymountainatv.com for my warrior and so far i havent had any problems with it.

Ok...I bought a new battery and still the same basic problem.

I took off the starting motor and took it apart and cleaned it. When I put it back on...same thing....but now when I bypass the solenoid (across the two screws with a screwdriver) it's like the starter is turning but not doing anything...just turning (whirrrrrr).

Any ideas?

????

one way clutch is out. Under the turtorals section, I showed how to replace it. Under timing chain and flywheel R/R.

Ok...now I got it starting.

I found this post on Bluetraxx...

Like I said in my previous post, be sure to put the starter motor back together correctly! Your starter is turning backwards. I made the same mistake. I took it apart again and made sure the slot in the brush mounting plate lined up with the indentation in the housing. Now it works fine.

So, I took my starting motor apart and put it back together again...and yes indeed it was spinning backwards.

So...here's what I got now.

Turn it on...hit the button....click...click...

Put a screwdriver across the selenoid and it starts right up. Now I need to test the selenoid and the two relays out in the back.

Back