Wolverine-- good quad or not?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I like my 06 Raptor but was thinking of getting a Wolverine 350 as a 2nd quad. I want something for cruising around with utility quads and would like a spare quad just in case my raptor is getting fixed or I want to invite a friend or my girlfriend to go riding. I was gonna put bigger wheels and stuff on my raptor but if I get the wolverine I can keep my raptor set up as a track/sport quad and use the Wolverine for when I wanna cruise. I weigh about 210 and wondered if it would have enough juice for me since it has a CVT auto and weighs 100lbs more than the raptor 350 (which is fast enough for me). Im a newbie and would appreciate any advice from you guys, thanks.

Im actually really interested to hear any feedback on the 06 model, my g/f wants one but i would'nt mind having one of those in the future

littttlle slow but good quad.

friend has one with 25 inch 589s, pipe, filter, plow, winch and it is a nice bike.
Not the best bike on power but comfy.

my brother and 2 of his friends all have 04's. they are a very tough bike, they never had any problems with them.

Are the '04s 350 or 450's? I'd like to have one of the 450's. I think my wife would like one and I could take it to a lot of places that I can't go on my raptor.

Older ones are 350 new ones are 450, but did they make both in '04 models or are the '04 ones all 350 or all 450?

The only thing I don't like about the 450's is that they are automatics. They do however have on command 4X4 and that is a lot better than the 350's which were full time 4X4.

Nope, the 450 wolverines just came out this year. although i liked the 350 standard shift versions better, but the 450s make up for that with the 2wd option. i liked the way that the older versions looked too.. IMO.

yeah, 06 released the 450, and also a 350, they should leave the new 450 wolverine how it is, cept make it semi-auto, and put the new 350 like it was last year.

my buddy has the warn 424 thingy. goes right in the driveshaft and you can switch back and forth.

for 225 bucks you gain 5 mph and the bike feels alot better.

the old models do kick with that 424

i havent ridden one but i've heard great reviews about them. one of the guys at the yamaha dealer said that they improved the fact that they are 2 or 4wd but went downhill when they went with the cvt tranny. i dont know about you guys, but i would much rather have a fully manual quad than semi or fully auto quad. they probably did that for the redneck utility riders that are too dumb to shift (just kidding). i dont know if there is any truth to this, but i did hear somewhere that the 450s are actually a little slower than the 350s. i think my brother and/or one of his friends is going to buy the 450 sometime soon. if he does, i'll show 'em how to ride it and let you guys know what i think about it.

yeah, 06 released the 450, and also a 350, they should leave the new 450 wolverine how it is, cept make it semi-auto, and put the new 350 like it was last year.

OK, I went to the yammy site and the '06 350's are not even 4X4! What is up with that?! Why not just get a rappy 350 if it is not four wheel drive? Still got a swingarm in back so it can't have too much clearance. And a huge minus- it's an automatic!

Here is the comparison: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspeccompare/502/1346/0/compare.aspx

I'm with your dealer, I'd rather have it with selectable 4X4 but in charge of my own gear changing...lol.

i cant believe the 350s arent 4x4!! i'm wondering if they are doing that to try and appeal to a different market. i know the recons seem to sell like hotcakes even though they are only 2wd. even the rancher is available in only 2wd. doesnt seem to make much sense to me though. i cant really see the 350 2wd selling very well. jmho

its probably supposed to appeal to beginner riders and leasure trial riders, cant see me doing anything to serious on it, cant jump it since its too heavy, not too good in the mud since it looks kinda low, heavy, automatic, and 2 wd........

My wife rides a 06' Wolverine 450 auto 4x4. She very much enjoys riding through mud, waterand anything else that she can go through. Has only gotten stuck once in a pond that buried the rear axle first. This is a VERY capable machine that has plenty of power. Enough to pull a 700 Kawasaki out of a huge mud hole.

It is true that it does not jump well. Then again that is what the 06' Raptor 350 is for.

Perfect ATV for her. She can keep up when she needs and lead when she wants.

Rusty

Back