Wobbly axel

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younggun05350

Reaction score
So, im changing the back wheels on my bike, and I noticed that the back axle was hella wobbly. What do you think it is?

Hella wobbly? I might try putting a lock on the liquor cabinet. That should help the wobbly problem.

All joking aside, when you tear it down you may want to drill a hole and install a grease fitting in the carrier. Before you install the new bearings, remove the seal from one side and install with that side facing into the carrier. Add grease to the carrier and your bearings will last longer.

6537e4559b1ff8398705d64b87c7f37a.jpg
just finish taking it apart, where should I drill the hole again?

I drilled mine dead center in the middle of the carrier so I had plenty of room to get the grease gun on it. The bearings come lubed when you buy them but it won't last forever. If you remove the seal from just one side of the bearing only and install it in the carrier with the open side facing in you can fill the carrier with grease and they will never run dry and last much longer than just putting them in straight out of the box.

Can you show me a pic of where you drilled the hole so I can get a good idea?

I really wish I could...but I sold mine a while back. Just pick a spot close to the center of the carrier that once assembled will give you easy access to get a grease gun on it and drill it. Or just picture this, look at the last picture you posted and draw an x in the center of the carrier just as it appears in the pic and that spot would be perfect and that is where I drilled mine.

Yea; usually aftermarket kits like AllBallz come with em already. If your gonna order everything OEM & separately; then yes; get new oil seals

Now, I tried taking the bearings out, and they are stuck solid. Any suggestions on how to get them out and on how to get the oil seals out?

Pry the oil seals out with a screwdriver. Then knock the bearings out from the other side of the carrier

Back