Winch?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridaredneck

Reaction score
I was looking at a warn 1.5 winch. Ive been stuck a few times so i was thinking about getting one. Does anyone have one on there raptor/warrior?

that must be one of the most stupid things i've heard adding a ton of weight to the front of a warrior, when you get stuck, pick it up and move it by hand i have never personally gotten mine stuck too bad

idk ive beent hinking about getting a wench too....well before i started to my warrior raced out....they make brackets for them for warriors and i dont think anyone on here has one.

idk i just look at it like a warrior is a sport quad, you want to go muddin buy a grizzly

Buy one. I took my z mudding today, and god damn I got stuck so bad all 4 of us couldnt get it out. Luckly my friend has a warn winch on his 450r. Pulled me out like nothing.

Ive seen them on wariros before.If you do alot of mud riding I would say try it out.

A friend of mine has a Z with one on it. missouritrailrider, the stupidest thing I've ever heard is someone who rides trails so tame that they can't get a warrior stuck on them. Or someone thinking that small winch is a "ton" of weight.

floridaredneck, I think they are very handy if you ever get stuck. I've wished I had one on several occasions when I'd have to push and pull for what seemed like most of the day after the trails flooded and all the mudholes were full AND SLICK!

Every weekend I find myself on my warrior stuck in a mudhole wishing i had a winch. The onley reason i havnt allready is because of the extra weight like other people sed. But if you dont mind the extra weight on the front the wench would be a great idea.

anytime kreed5821 you think you could handle the trails I ride come around does Chadwick, MO mean anything to you it doesn't even have **** on the trails in my back yard a good rider should never need a winch on a sport quad

oh and by the way, 25 lbs is a lot of weight on the front of a warrior that means riding wheelies wouldn't happen but it would steer great

I say go for it! I know that when we all get really stuck or stuck enough for four guys to help out you gotta watch how you are pulling, Ive snapped a tie rod end doing that and left me really stuck. There is a guy on yfzcentral with on his 450 and says it has saved the day lots of times. Something else to consider is mounting on your grab bar or fabbing up mounting kit for it for the rear. There is lots of room and ther and you wouldnt have to worry about all the weight up there anyway.

But if you like to wheelie alot you better build some protection for it and dont forget to wire it up with disconnects that way you can take it off if you absolutely know you aren't going to need it.

missouritrailrider I bet I can take you to a place you will get stuck; come on down to Gilbert, WV and see me. I live with a HUGE assortment of trails, and as long as you don't go everywhere you will never get a sport quad stuck. There are some places though, that you must go through some machine swallowing holes if you want to go. There are quite a few around that require a snorkel to even try. There are many places that you just can't take a sport quad around here, because they will get stuck. I have wished I had a winch several times, when a friend and myself had to pack the machine out of the mud.

well i agree with what you're saying but you don't put elka's on a honda recon and go to the MX track, you know?

missouritrailrider I bet I can take you to a place you will get stuck; come on down to Gilbert, WV and see me. I live with a HUGE assortment of trails, and as long as you don't go everywhere you will never get a sport quad stuck. There are some places though, that you must go through some machine swallowing holes if you want to go. There are quite a few around that require a snorkel to even try. There are many places that you just can't take a sport quad around here, because they will get stuck. I have wished I had a winch several times, when a friend and myself had to pack the machine out of the mud.

Thats the same way it is around here. Some holes need a snorkel and massive tires to get throw the hole. Sometimes the hole is smack dab in the middle of the trail and theres no way around.

Speed and Momentum is the best way for me lol.

I stand by what I said, sounds like you need to come ride with ME! I guarantee you get stuck and that chip slid off your shoulder.

My bud on a warrior hit this hole several times before making it through. NO way around unless you want to try to jump a swamp or creek at whatever speed you can muster in ten feet.

HPIM0586webOscarBRATV.jpg

HPIM0587webOscarBRATV.jpg

A couple more:

HPIM0584webOscarBRATV.jpg

31054291.jpg

The Z with a "ton" of winch on it:
14606c15.jpg

One more thing, you're not even right about the weight with your other post. Try 12 lbs! Still a ton to ya? Guess nobody should add an oil cooler either cause that would have to be at least half a ton.

Now who is the stupid one?

floridaredneck, according to the warn site the 1.5's are discontinued http://www.warn.com/atv/winches/15_ci.shtml . The closest one is a little heavier at just under 17 lbs: http://www.warn.com/atv/winches/RT15.shtml

well i agree with what you're saying but you don't put elka's on a honda recon and go to the MX track, you know?
You dont put elkas on a honda recon at all lol.
Put some on a grizzly and I'd gladly take it to the mx track, just watch huevos 9.

well all im saying is adding weight to the front with a winch has more cons than pros of course there is mud anywhere, try riding in deepwater, mo it is just mud capitol but still the point is that a winch just might not suit my riding style, they make racks for warriors too but i'm not gonna buy one

Speed and Momentum is the best way for me lol.

Me too. It really sucks though when you hit the mud hole and stop dead. You usually clear the hole when you go over the bars though; so I guess it all works out :)

That MX Grizzly is insane!

Yeh if i know the trails and the hole i will try to hydro plane across but if not its kinda like hit it flat out in second and hope theres not a rock or a 10 foot hole.

Back