winch switch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjim0214

Reaction score
well im thinkin bout puttin my winch back on (already redid it) but i hate switch (to ****** big) and location (was mounted on dashboard) anyone know a nice smaller switch and a good location, must handle 10 gauge wires thou????? thanks fellas......

Check denniskirk. They have a good winch selection. I like the ones that mount on the handle bars with band clamps. You're going to want it in a conveinant location, so the fenders are a little far away on these bikes. Can't go to the shroud cause the gas tank is directly inder it. Bars is best, imo.

this is where the switch i have was, i dunno, whatta ya'll think?

winchpaint.png

big n bulky to me, open for ideas,

That ain't too bad. Give me some time to think. Need sleep. Going to regret staying up this late come 7am.

Where and how did you mount your winch? I was thinking about putting one on mine someday but not sure where to put it?

ill take pics tomorrow. i really like it, its neat and out of the way.

ill take pics tomorrow. i really like it, its neat and out of the way.

you putting the winch in the same spot as it was before Jim?

Yes,same spot, i redid whole winch, and i guess im just gonna put same switch where it was for now, unless i get enlighten when i find time to install.
I didnt get time to take pics today, bought a hydro mower after work and messed with that till now

Did you take the pic today mrjim?

sorry, i found time to play n take pics today

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

what ya'll think? worked great b 4 but new DG bumper is pinchin me a bit, ill do a full install tutorial shortly, just wanted u to see where im at :tup::tdown:

DAMMMMM no responses----yea/nay? do u like it or is that a piss poor idea?

I just don't like how the motor side sticks out so far kind of an eye sore imo
if it could be hidden better then it would be better but then again it's all up to you and your preference and if your style of riding demands a winch at times then in your case it's a necessity.

DAMMMMM no responses----yea/nay? do u like it or is that a piss poor idea?

im with hauler on this but its about the only practical place to pull from so i for one like it. its diffrent and it will get your ass out of a jam when you need it i like it just wish th motor didnt stick out so far. you should fab up a bumper to hide it a little that would be cool as hell.

well for 1 thing, it needs a motor to operate :haha: where else would it go?
secondly your looking at it without tire, shock and bumper installed so it is wide open, once i get all that **** on it will be hidden alot more. I'e probably used it 6 times and 4 or 5 of those were helping other people out, i'll tell you this, when the situation arises-----your a happy mf'er it's there for ya!!! I been debating whether i was gonna put it on so i went for it, 2 bolts and it's back off---no harm/no foul:popcorn:

well for 1 thing, it needs a motor to operate :haha: where else would it go?
secondly your looking at it without tire, shock and bumper installed so it is wide open, once i get all that **** on it will be hidden alot more. I'e probably used it 6 times and 4 or 5 of those were helping other people out, i'll tell you this, when the situation arises-----your a happy mf'er it's there for ya!!! I been debating whether i was gonna put it on so i went for it, 2 bolts and it's back off---no harm/no foul:popcorn:

I'm not knocking it at all I love it......I'm just nor crazy about how far the motor sticks out on it and I'm sure with the rest of the parts on it looks good but you didn't post those pics! Hahaha I like that you took a bike that has no place for a winch and made it work.... To that Sir I salute you and your giving me some ideas for when I take my bike back up north and will need a winch.

you shoulda seen where it was when i bought it ! OMG He had it bolted on top (just above where it is) and thru bolted rite thru the frame, it was a sad sad install, first thing i yanked off, when i did the makeover i welded the holes thru the frame, besides that, water got in the frame, froze and split it wide open, which i repaired also.
As far as pics completely assembled, they'll be here as soon as I find time to finish it :tup: I've been busy with 6 other projects :argh:
Thanks for your positive comments

you shoulda seen where it was when i bought it ! OMG He had it bolted on top (just above where it is) and thru bolted rite thru the frame, it was a sad sad install, first thing i yanked off, when i did the makeover i welded the holes thru the frame, besides that, water got in the frame, froze and split it wide open, which i repaired also.
As far as pics completely assembled, they'll be here as soon as I find time to finish it :tup: I've been busy with 6 other projects :argh:
Thanks for your positive comments

Well you need to quit all the bull **** and get the wardog finished!!! Haha that's not the best method he used at all Haha glad you got it fixed. It look for sure just hurry up with the pics and nobody gets hurt! I'm an internet tough guy!!!

Well you need to quit all the bull **** and get the wardog finished!!! Haha that's not the best method he used at all Haha glad you got it fixed. It look for sure just hurry up with the pics and nobody gets hurt! I'm an internet tough guy!!!

IMG_4040-Copy-Copy2-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4041-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

Back