Wifeys new SUV

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2kwarrior

Reaction score
Well I talked her out of getting the big GMC Yukon, thank god. We got rid Of her Ranger and got her this Ford Explorer. It has everything that the yukon had like leather, V8, AWD, air ride suspension, sun roof ETC... But the best Part was that it cost $12,000 less than the Yukon. So thay means My toy hauler wont be delayed as much ;D

100_1827.jpg

100_1829.jpg

100_1830.jpg

100_1828.jpg

100_1831.jpg

100_1832.jpg

100_1833.jpg

100_1834.jpg

Shes a ford girl, but Im a Dodge guy. I love my Dodge ;D Im hoping she takes my truck next weekend to go visit her parents, if she does, she coming back to dual exhaust on her Explorer. She doesnt want it loud and told me no. But for me anything with a V8 has to be heard. As soon as the warrenty is up on my Dodge its getting Dual 5 inch pipes with no mufflers. That Cummins needs to be heard ;D

That's got the 5.0 in it, right? One of my buddies had one of those for a couple years. That thing was fun, we could take it out on the circuit and tear up hondas all night without even chirping the tires.

Gotta lose that junk walmart cd player though and get something good in it, those things are pitiful.

Yeah its the 5.0. As for the stereo, it was there when we bought it. Ive outgrown my system days. We are just going to replace it with the factory unit so that we can use the factory amp and factory sub.

Yeah, if it were mine i'd probably put the factory unit back in too. They sound decent, at least until the sub starts falling apart.

looks good, yes duals all the way on any truck or suv worth putting them on, like my dads trailblazer......SICK lmao ill post pics and a vid tomorrow, he has a straight 6 with 3'' pipes from the cat back and a flowmaster 50 muffler sounds amazing

Just incase you forgot have ford make sure the cruize control switch recall has been done or you could become rolling barbeque. I have a 99 explorer sport with tall gears and it freaking rocks I eat 90% percent of the full size trucks I race. ONly problem is that it can only tow about 4000lbs comfortably

Just incase you forgot have ford make sure the cruize control switch recall has been done or you could become rolling barbeque. I have a 99 explorer sport with tall gears and it freaking rocks I eat 90% percent of the full size trucks I race. ONly problem is that it can only tow about 4000lbs comfortably

Yeah the recall was done before we got it, so we are good there. This thing has some nuts behind it. The AWD kicks butt, when the light turns green I punch it and it just launches and takes off like a rocket. Im looking for a set of GT40 heads for it and a larger throttle body, just to pump up the power a little more ;D
As for towing, we are only pulling about 1200-1500 pounds. Since diesel here is just shy of $4.00 a gallon we have been using her rig to tow the quads to the dunes. It still gets 15mpg towing and at $3.49 a gallon for gas its a lot cheaper to drive. Looks like my toy hauler will be delayed again untill these fuel prices go back to a resonable price :mad:

Man you're telling me, the price for diesel is killing me! Just last month I was paying $3.24, it just crazy how high it's went...

Man you're telling me, the price for diesel is killing me! Just last month I was paying $3.24, it just crazy how high it's went...

Yep we just hit hit $4.16/gallon yesterday for diesel :mad: The dodge isnt gettin driven much. I just dropped $135 to fill up the tank and it wasnt even empty. What ever happened to the good old days when diesel was alot cheaper than unleaded? I remember when I first started driving, it was only $0.89/ gallon for diesel and $0.95/ gallon for unleaded and $0.90/gal for regular leaded gas. Boy I sure miss those days, well except for the wages part. $3.75 an hour sucked lol

Kinda a sad day for me. With no sign of diesel prices going down ive had to make a tough decision. Im getting rid of my baby 07.5 Dodge 6.7L megacab :-[ I cant justify it just sitting around being unused, hard to afford fuel and the $525 a month truck payment. But Im in the procees of making a deal on trading it in on a 99 Ford F250 SD with a powerstroke and 4 inch lift. The payments would be about $200 less a month which will offset the price of diesel. Here are a couple pics of the Ford Im trying to make a deal for

bigred2.jpg

bigred.jpg

killer truck man. Convert that thing to bio fuels and you wont have to rid of it.

That is a very nice looking truck, I have to say that since it looks just like mine...lol Good thing your're getting a 7.3, stay away from the 6.0, I've had nothing but problems with mine...

Back