Widening Kits vs Extended A arms

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexMarioth

Reaction score
Down the line when i finally can start building out my raptor, should I avoid widening kits or will they take the abuse? My argument is that i can get a diamondjcustoms widening kit for around 200 and the equivalent +2 a arms from american star or full flight are around 4 to 600. Just curious. I know they are more rigid than spacers I am not that low.

Being wider isn't the be all end all of what makes it better, it's also the added travel and more importantly the geometry, with how the suspension leverages against the shocks and the angle of the wheels through the full range of motion of the suspension. The widening kits, lowering brackets, and most of the cheap junk are only concerned with width, and often work against your best interests in the other areas

Being wider isn't the be all end all of what makes it better, it's also the added travel and more importantly the geometry, with how the suspension leverages against the shocks and the angle of the wheels through the full range of motion of the suspension. The widening kits, lowering brackets, and most of the cheap junk are only concerned with width, and often work against your best interests in the other areas
yeah my plan was to upgrade to yfz shocks and lose the shock relocater if possible. this of course would be down the line i just need to know if the widening kit is gonna break on me.

I'm actually in a similar boat, got a killer deal on a set of elka shocks for a yfz but because they are a bit longer I need to either make or buy a arms to have it all work right. Could always modify the frame and shock mounting points and use the a arms off a yfz too for an inexpensive and correct +2 set up

Widening kits are a 100% no from my perspective and not just for durability. With the suspension you need to factor in things like instant center, roll center, bump steer. That kit moves the a arm mounts even further away from the steering flag making your bump steer horrible. Bump steer is when your toe changes as your suspension moves.

Yeah the 200$ spent on some junk brackets can be spent better elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back