widening kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never heard a bad thing about them from someone that has one. They might be a bit heavier than aftermarket a-arms, but the price isn't bad.

Crap. Its heavy. more parts = more places for something to fail. Save your money and do it right.

I havent seen it yet, but I'd imagine that it you clipped a tree good enough, you'd shift one whole side of the brackets back and then the whole kit is junk.

i know some guys at use them for ice racing and love them but i wouldnt trail ride or jump with them

A friend of mine put one on his Raptor 660. It changes the bump steer and when he would trail ride, it would do strange things. He isn't a great rider by any means, but when he went back stock he quit having unexplained crashes.

Looks like a scary kit to me. I wouldnt waste the money. Much rathers get some quality A arms and a good axle

i have a widening kit just like that on a 300ex and it sucks. i jump a lot and everytime i jump stuff moves. i have to go home and adjust tie rods to get the steering straightened out but it just gets messed up next time i ride anyway. dont waste your money on it.

I'll be poor all my life then. For the way I ride, I can't justify high dollar shocks. Too many other priorities!! Like a growing 9 year old who has aspirations other than ATV's.

I'll be poor all my life then. For the way I ride, I can't justify high dollar shocks. Too many other priorities!! Like a growing 9 year old who has aspirations other than ATV's.

I just got lucky thru wheeling and dealing. My warrior already was widened when I traded it for a kz650 that I got for free and all my other things were paid for wheeling and dealing and parting out the warrior I got the motor out of. I still havent hit the usual purchase price of these quads even yet. I guess I just got lucky.

I put a 4.5 widening kit from Diamond J on my wife's Honda 250 EX, about two years ago. Keep in mind that its a chick bike. However my boys hammer on moms wheeler when ever they get the chance. I've never had a single issue with it. I'm still not sure I'd put it on a high performance machine. As far as the weight issue. Unless your bench pressing your wheeler, you'll never notice the difference. Save a little longer and buy A arms their not that much more.

I put a 4.5 widening kit from Diamond J on my wife's Honda 250 EX, about two years ago. Keep in mind that its a chick bike. However my boys hammer on moms wheeler when ever they get the chance. I've never had a single issue with it. I'm still not sure I'd put it on a high performance machine. As far as the weight issue. Unless your bench pressing your wheeler, you'll never notice the difference. Save a little longer and buy A arms their not that much more.
yeah, for now ill flip my rims until i find some a arms

Back