why does this keep happening

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior333

Reaction score
well first exhaust rocker arm siezed up and i replaced the but now my intake rocker arm is siezing up does ne body no what could cause this to happen or is it just something from normal my intake isnt near as bad as my exhaust was like it will go down and up but it wont go all the way so the valve stays down a little bit but if i take the tappit out it will start

First, the obvious question, are you getting oil to the top end? There's a check bolt you can loosen up in the head, and if it's getting oil pressure to the top end you'll have it run out through that check bolt.

Yeah dude check that oil pressure port, the bolt right by the intake rocker cover. Here is a diagram of the YFM engine oiling system.

scan0001.jpg

i took it apart today and there is some oil on the cam so i may not be getting enough oil up there is there any way to know hpw much oil is need up there

[quote:aurd88w2]off topic sorta, but that gives me an idea to put an oil pressure gauge off of that.

You think that would really work?[/quote:aurd88w2]

Yeah it will work. There is oil pressure there.
Oil should come out of the the plug fast. If not you have a problem.

Dude loosen the plug pretty good, start the bike up and wait a good minute, if oil isn't going all over by then you have a problem.

off topic sorta, but that gives me an idea to put an oil pressure gauge off of that.
Hell yeah bro if you find the right thread to fit that into that will be cool, pics would be nice too. It'll also give a good idea of what oil pressure should be at the top end.

ok i put it back together started it up then let it run for a second no oil then i checked it again and oil came out but it just kind of rolled out it didnt pour out as fast as i had thought but it did come out is it good

i checked it to my dads and his shoots out like 3-4 inches so im sure that my problem

oil pump is under clutch cover - near the front. time to check it out

First i'd check your oil filter and the strainer under the drain plug. If those get clogged up you'll have shitty oil pressure. If both of those seem fairly clean and unrestricted, then i'd check the condition of the pump.

i was using gasket sealer as a jug gasket could gasket sealer got into one of the oil ports?

i went to do an oil change because it hasnt been done in a while and the filter was clogged theoil spring in the bottom was full and so was were the filter sits cleaned it all out and started it up ran great thanx for the pointers

Back