Why are DG full systems so cheap?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeBloom

Reaction score
I'm looking on eBay, and I'm finding that you can get a full DG exhaust system for only 200 bucks brand new, which is super cheap, being as just an FMF slip on costs $260 brand new. I saw that the listing said this particular DG system doesn't have a spark arrestor, is that why its' so cheap? And either way, are they good pipes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DG-Performa...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae9088d3d&vxp=mtr

I use to have a DG pipe on my 2005 Raptor 350... It had very loud sound without the spark arrestor. When the pipe got really hot it would shoot out sparks everytime I shifted... Good thing I wasn't riding in a really dry area... Exhaust pipes can lead to forrest fires because of sparks... Beware of that.

I use to have a DG pipe on my 2005 Raptor 350... It had very loud sound without the spark arrestor. When the pipe got really hot it would shoot out sparks everytime I shifted... Good thing I wasn't riding in a really dry area... Exhaust pipes can lead to forrest fires because of sparks... Beware of that.

Yeah, the fact that it doesn't have a spark arrestor isn't too good. Also, I've been reading elsewhere that they're simply not good pipes when compared to FMF, HMF, Yoshi, Curtis Sparks, etc. So I think I'm gonna stay away.

Yeah on my 2nd Raptor 350 I went with HMF... That's the brand everybody is talking about and nobody seems to have negative feedbacks on it. Your choice ! There are so many pipes to choose from but don't go cheap !

Get a DG slip on muffler. Preferably an aluminum one. Everyone bashes their pipes, but they do make noice aluminum slip ons, and they come with spark arrestors. I have a "O" series and love it.

Flames shooting out is often a jetting issue.

I've been looking at the O series i was wondering with the spark arrestor is it still really loud? I want to get a pipe but i don't want it to be super loud.

Get a DG slip on muffler. Preferably an aluminum one. Everyone bashes their pipes, but they do make noice aluminum slip ons, and they come with spark arrestors. I have a "O" series and love it.

Flames shooting out is often a jetting issue.

Maybe... I don't know...

If you can afford the Sparks it's prolly the best pipe for a single you can get. This is advice from the single pipe 700 crowd. HMF SOUNDS GREAT!! It's also a very nice pipe. Also, you just cannot go wrong with an old Supertrap of you can find one used.

If you can afford the Sparks it's prolly the best pipe for a single you can get. This is advice from the single pipe 700 crowd. HMF SOUNDS GREAT!! It's also a very nice pipe. Also, you just cannot go wrong with an old Supertrap of you can find one used.

Would you recommend an HMF over an FMF? In terms of price, power, sound, etc.

yeah i was bout to say... yeah ya do. no wonder so many people are having problems with glowing headers!

DG has never given me any trouble. Always been pleased. I have a TRAPP on my Honda. Damn does it sound good!

Hmm. I'd actually prefer an FMF if it's quieter, I've heard HMFs are crazy loud. Something louder than stock would be nice, but I don't want anything obnoxious.

Back