Whos building a badass motor right now?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
So I'm bored, and it's way to quiet on here..
I thought I would see what everybody has in their garage right now?

Personally.. I'm building an olds 350 into a 374.
Edelbrock heads, and a port matched 7111 intake. Gonna stroke it to 3.5" with Ross Chevy 400 pistons, and h-beam rods. Should be able to keep the compression around 10:1. I plan on running either a Comp xe274, or a 284 cam.

So what else is out there for hot motors in the making?

Man i wish i was buildin a nice motor right now lol. If I was it would be the stock 5.0 in my suv right now. I would throw a cam in her, get the heads ported, throw some good vavles and springs in it, do the intake, throw a good set of headers on her do some high comp pistons and be done wither her for a while and maybe a small nitrous system

I am wrapping up my engine build on a 90's Nissan 240sx 4 cylinder

60mm turbo, Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, ARP main stud, ARP head studs, ARP rod bolts, 272 Colt cam, 8:1 compression, 100lb injectors, two 255lph fuel pumps, port match intake, throttle body from a v8 nissan, Mass air flow from a nissan V6, stainless valves, stiffer valve springs, solid lifters. It runs off E85

I am wrapping up my engine build on a 90's Nissan 240sx 4 cylinder

60mm turbo, Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, ARP main stud, ARP head studs, ARP rod bolts, 272 Colt cam, 8:1 compression, 100lb injectors, two 255lph fuel pumps, port match intake, throttle body from a v8 nissan, Mass air flow from a nissan V6, stainless valves, stiffer valve springs, solid lifters. It runs off E85

Nice..:tup:

Is that a 2.4 then?

You would be correct
F5055B86-3E19-4776-811B-4F3DD25CDE6C-3436-0000029A7DC69350.jpg

And a silvia front clip to boot..
Me and a friend of mine, are working on some custom headers for his 86' 300zx right now. He wants to run a T4 on it. But he's a hardcore Nissan fan. That's where I got my ricer knowledge. lol
He has a nice, well built 86' 200sx with a 1.8.. It's a qwick little fucker!

Yea, this car is gone through so many engines. I actually had the Silvia clipped shipped from Canada

There are a **** load of JDM right handers running around this area (Southern Alberta). There was a big deal about getting cars shipped here from Japan a few years ago.
Canada has all the good stuff for JDM parts anyway. lol

I keep saying that I am gonna get a RHD clip one day and swap it over on mine. It's so much work though

i have the chevy block in the machine shop being vatted and checked for cracks and everything resurfaced. waiting on $3500 to fall from the sky to buy parts with lol

Well, it's far from a hotrod but I am thinking of doing a refresh on a Vortec 4.3L for my ZR2. Of rather do a 6.0 swap into it but for now & simplicity sake I'll clean the heads up some, swap on some beehive springs, roller rockers and a Lil Comp cam that I'm going to spec the lobes on, it'll just be a mild torque &4x4 grind.

Have 3 small blocks waiting for money, and a car to put them in. 1st, 350, numbers came back as 2 or 4 bolt main, 73 LA built comaro. Has smog heads on it, and cast iron gm 4bbl intake. Using that for my 49 (unless I get the 66 el camino). Plan is atleast 400hp. Going to spend the money on aftermarket heads most likely. Going with comp hyd flat tappet, alum high rise, modded q-jet, hei, 1 5/8 headers, backed by a th400.

2nd engine: 66 small journal 327. This is going in dad's 65 chevy II nova. He doesn't know exactly what he wants build wise for it. But, I'd like to use vortec heads, gm 350 hot cam, gm cast iron z28 high rise from GMPP, modded q-jet, headers, backed by th700r4 with 3.73 gears. Old schoolish set up (iron heads, iron intake, etc...)

3rd engine: '59 283, bought it for $100, has carbon riding from leaded gas more then anything. Turns over smoothly. Plan is to find a vega and build a drag car with it. I'm thinking for a budget drag car,.060" over, 305 vortec heads, I'll port them (have 2 sets smoggers to practice on), oversize valves installed (1.94/1.5), mech or hyd flat tappet, 2x4 intake, open headers, port matched, etc... Idk about trans choice yet. May try to find a powerglide.

All three will most likely have roller rockers, may go 1.6 on the 350. If I can find a car or truck that doesn't need much body work, I'll sell the 49. That way I can finally have something to show off and drive, while saving some time and money in the process.

Well, it's far from a hotrod but I am thinking of doing a refresh on a Vortec 4.3L for my ZR2. Of rather do a 6.0 swap into it but for now & simplicity sake I'll clean the heads up some, swap on some beehive springs, roller rockers and a Lil Comp cam that I'm going to spec the lobes on, it'll just be a mild torque &4x4 grind.

You're welcome, btw. lol

So what are you gonna build out of it?
Or is that to be decided.. lol

destroking it to a 302 with a eagle forged 4340 crank thats cross-drilled and chamfered.
Eagle 4340 forged H-beam rods.
wiseco pro tru forged -11cc dome top pistons.
Cloyes quite duel idler timing gear set.
comp cams aluminum roller rockers (probably 1.53 ratio).
Dart iron eagle platinum heads with a 64cc chamber and 200cc intake runners. 2.02 and 1.60 stainless sodium filled valves.
undecided on a cam. if i do a flat tappet i'll do a isky 290 mega cam. if i go roller lifter (thats what i'll probably do) it'll be a comp XR288hr.
undecided on an intake... probably a brodix or GMPP.
all said and done i should be making 450-500hp at the back wheels with all my tuning tricks thrown in there too

Back