who has had bottom end issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well started pulling covers and I thing I found the source of the noise. for some reason something just doesn't look right!!! lol
IMG_20130817_130737_674_zps94f8847f.jpg

did you seat the flywheel before you slapped the stator on last time?
or is the crank shaft that worn that it can't seat anymore

crank looks fine, just needs a little cleaning up. inside of the flywheel on the other hand is out of wack. looks like the broken keys ate the **** out of it. gonna be looking for a flywheel

I put a 97-01 flywheel/magneto in so it would work with the 99 wiring and cdi. Dont know how well you'll be able to see it, but heres a pic of what it looks like inside.

ya your only seeing a bit of it. and the new flywheel key kinda looks like a vito's key. it was probably minutes from breaking since it was the only thing from keeping the flywheel from spinning. I'm on the look out for a flywheel gonna see if anyone on here has one first hopefully pay it forward style!!! Lol

Sorry man, only have access to a first gen. When my boys bottom end went, we put his '98 flywheel and stator in the first gen bottom end.

Back