Who dirt drags their Warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pobly. There use to be around 7 warriors & 3-4 400's in S.E. Ky. in the late 90's & to about '03 & it gradually went down when the new 450's come around. It's hard to compete with 50hp on engine, to around that with NOS for the warrior. If there would have been some 400's, which there was about 3-4 of them at one time, but they couldn't out run the warriors, unless the rider was 150lb. or they cut a good light on the tree. They built them to 565's w/NOS & then they would beat us some. If the track owners would have limited the cc's to 500cc's on both engines, then there would probably be a bunch still running. My bud built a Mojave 250 with a stroker engine & all the works & he runs with the warriors. Me & him both weigh about the same & it was ever who got the light that won. I'm gonna get back in it this yr. probably, if I get back to work, so I can get the engine work done.

I dirt drag mine against a ltz400 yfz and banshee about every other weekend and the best I can do is keep up with the ltz and tie with the ltz alot

Whtcha got done to your? What has the ltz400 got done to it? When I first built mine, I raced it against banshee's with jet kits & pipes & I could always beat them. At the county fair races they would let us bump up to another class that was faster than ours, which was the banshee class that had mods done to the bikes. I then got NOS on mine & I couldn't race in that class because they didn't run NOS in that class. I use to win all the 350 4-stroke classes, because they put all the 350 4-strokes together, stock & all. Then the 350's quit running & we had to run the 400 class & I still beat them till they built above 500cc's.

Engine is stock except pipe intake and jet kit. But like everyone says it's not always about how fast your bike is it's if you can handle/ride it and I can actually ride pretty damn good. But not trying to brag or anything lol

I plan on keeping the warrior forever and getting it bored to the 446 or 500 then I could keep up with pretty much anything

You don't think the warrior would be faster than a 450 with a pipe if it was bored to a 500?

in a drag race, no. and i said 450 with exhaust intake and tune. bore size doesnt play that big a part. it would be a close race but think that 450 has minimal mods u got max mods w a 500 kit. throw just a 13.5-1 piston and porting on that same 450 it would smoke the 500cc warriors ass. not warrior bashing at all just stating the facts. ive owned a 450 as well as a modded warrior and a highly modded polaris plus ive ridden almost anything with 2 3 or 4 wheels. i love the warrior and will build and keep mine forever even when everyone has 1000cc race quads lol

Tyler,
What gearing are U running now?
To give U more top end speed, from stock gearing, U can go up in the front or down in the rear. Front is cheaper, but U will have to do a lot of clutching when U trail ride if U ride a lot in 1st., because of the higher gear. I would say 14-38 would give U some more top end & if U have the power to keep pulling then U should stay close to them.

Right now I'm running primary drive stock 13/40 but I was running a 16/40 on 22 inch tires and that had really high top end and no acceleration but I like the 13/40 setup but if I do any engine work I will prolly run a 14/38 like you said, because it would actually be able to pull that 14/38 because it had a little trouble pulling that 16/40 that was on it.

With my 446 stroker & 35-40 shot of NOS, I would spin the tires so hard I would have to shift to 2nd. around 30 ft. or so. I ran a 3.64 in 200ft. with a 25-30 shot of NOS. I did some different things to the set up & went to about 45-50 shot & slowed down .30 to around 3.90's. So I'm gonna have to regroup when I build back.

Oh, I forgot to tell U the gearing. It was 16-37 when I ran 0he good time & also had a 4in. over swing arm. went back to stock swing arm & up on NOS & that's when I slowed down. Got some new tires that should hook me up!!!

Dang sounds like a beast! but i will never be running NOS on mine lol but i am thinking about taking my extra swing arm and extending it 3 or 4 inches i cant decide yet.

Back