white brothers 1905 camshaft power range?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
Anybody know what the power range is on a white brother 1905 cam? it came in an engine I bought. Just by looking it looks to be a more top end kind of cam. Anybody have any idea for sure?

Stay away from the Hotcam, dude. It works, but, for the money there are tons better cams out there. If that cam was already in the bike, it should have HD valve springs to support it, so spend the money on a good cam. I would look into the Megacycle 252x2 cam. It's got a .415 lift and is more of a mid range cam.

Stay away from the Hotcam, dude. It works, but, for the money there are tons better cams out there. If that cam was already in the bike, it should have HD valve springs to support it, so spend the money on a good cam. I would look into the Megacycle 252x2 cam. It's got a .415 lift and is more of a mid range cam.
It had the springs but they were broken, haha. i did order a new set though. I would something that will give me good low and mid range. Stock bore engine.

I really like the stage 1 for what it is and i love it for my mild motor builds. The .415 was a good grind though. I hated the stage 2 and the wb/mega .440 cam

If your valve springs were broken, it's a good chance they were stockers. Or, someone didn't install them properly/maintain them properly.

If your valve springs were broken, it's a good chance they were stockers. Or, someone didn't install them properly/maintain them properly.
The valve springs were in fact kibble white spring and retainers. As far as being set up right I say it was fine. They were set up and looked the same as my KBs I had in my 366 build. It was just the intake spring that was broken as well as the valve. Maybe when the valve broke it damaged the spring. ?? But so I'm going to guess this WB 1905 will not work very well in a stock bore engine? Will it be worse on the low end then the hotcam stage 2?

My 1905 pulls all over but ripps arms off at redline. But my setup is far from typical or mild so that cam would act more as a screamer in your situation

My 1905 pulls all over but ripps arms off at redline. But my setup is far from typical or mild so that cam would act more as a screamer in your situation
that's what I figured. Maybe I can find somebody that would want to do some trading with me for a little smaller cam.:iagree:

my parts are going to be here tomorrow so I was thinking I would just give this 1905 cam a try. i had to remove some aluminum where the lobes run cuz it was hitting but I read that is common with larger cams. My question is will the kibble white valve springs work with this cam? Just worried that they may be too much lift for the springs. i have a new set. What do ya think?

Back