White Bros Carb?????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony1177

Reaction score
come on people please dont tell me im the only one with this carb??? I posted this before. Does anyone besides me have the white bros carb with no accel pump?? If do please help me. mine has not run right since day one..... Someone fill me in on if they have had any problems with it???

well mine doesnt have accel pump so when at idle you wack the throttle it dies. Ive been through all the jetting i think because it doesnt have the accel pump. How is yours? does it run strong??? can you wack it from idle and it'll rev right up??? please help me!!!!!

When the accel pump on my sock carb sticks it doesn't die if I go WOT from idle. It does do that transition really slowly, but the motor still runs. It could be more than just the pump.

well mine doesnt have accel pump so when at idle you wack the throttle it dies. Ive been through all the jetting i think because it doesnt have the accel pump. How is yours? does it run strong??? can you wack it from idle and it'll rev right up??? please help me!!!!!

if you wack it open from a dead idle very fast it will stall out for a second and then pickup quick. Or just die. Anything off idle then you can wack it open as fast as you want and the engine will respond. My stock carb was like this too... The accel pump helps that but mine still does it.

When the accel pump on my sock carb sticks it doesn't die if I go WOT from idle. It does do that transition really slowly, but the motor still runs. It could be more than just the pump.

sounds like the slide is stuck or the top rubber is ripped on the slide.

Your paying for white bros name, go to http://www.procycle.us/carb/mikuni.htm they have a good selection, make sure you buy an intake boot also

I think my carb was up in the $300 to $400 dollar range with the WB kit.
Looking on the page it says it's $300 bucks just for the carb. TM36-68 with accel pump. Now include the motion pro twist throttle with 2 cables, custom intake manifold and boots with hose clamps, gas line, extra jets and tuning manual it comes out pretty close to what you would pay for a WB kit.

[quote:tpsosha0]When the accel pump on my sock carb sticks it doesn't die if I go WOT from idle. It does do that transition really slowly, but the motor still runs. It could be more than just the pump.

sounds like the slide is stuck or the top rubber is ripped on the slide.[/quote:tpsosha0]

I already found the problem, the o-ring expanded and it binding on the pump piston.

ok the person with the wb carb. Can you tell me your jets you have in carb now. I finally got it to run took for a ride. wot from idle it dies. It sputters loud out exhaust about 1/2 to 3/4 and i really didnt get the chance to leave wide open on top because not enough room. I put the 200 main back in and i think the 40 pilot but i moved the e clip up a notch. So what should i do????

Back