Which Truck?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topdwg

Reaction score
I need a little help deciding on which diesal truck to get, 2008 Ford Super Duty or Dodge Cummins? I'm leaning more towards the Ford mainly because I get a crazy discount...

Anyone have some positive or negative experiances with any of these?

Thanks

i would go for the ford. theyre awesome trucks and that discount makes things even better

I need a little help deciding on which diesal truck to get, 2008 Ford Super Duty or Dodge Cummins? I'm leaning more towards the Ford mainly because I get a crazy discount...

Anyone have some positive or negative experiances with any of these?

Thanks

Although I don't like chevy's new trucks as I think they look like ****, they are a great engine tranny combo that is super durable with a great chassis underneath them and great drivetrain.
The ford has been having problems with there turbos.. and there chassis is ok.. the front ends tend really wear out at around 60k
Dodge has a great thing going with there cummings engine with an ok tranny but the drivetrain is horse ****. Again front ends are junk
This is coming from a diesel tech... just my opinions...

I'll be honest and I know they've changed, but I currently own an 03 Sierra and it's been in the shop for all kinds of stuff. Not to mention my local service manager told me to stay away from the Duramax, he said it's not a reliable motor and they work on them twice as much as anything esle. Crazy huh, anyway I hadn't read anything yet about Ford and them having problems with their turbos, I'll be sure to look into that,,,thanks

Hey DRJ the discount does make a difference, I get about 7 grand off and that 7 grand makes a difference when buying a diesal. The Ford diesal alone costs close to 7 grand! You for sure pay for that extra amount of towing power...

Well because my camper is going to cost so much I had to buy somthing used...So I ended up buying a mint 2004 Lariat F-250 with very low miles. It'll do what I need it to do and by December it'll have every bolt on available...LOL

e7a75d09.jpg

Ford: Dad has an 08 SD 6.4 and it ******* rocks. Fastest truck Ive ever been in from the factory. The torque is scary

Yea I know they are a very nice vehicle and I wish I could have afforded one...

I would only get the Ford because you get so much off, but as far reliability our E350 with 13,000 miles is at the dealer getting new injectors and a new turbo. Sucks when you have to crank a brand new truck 100 times before it'll run. Then out of no were white smoke would just start comming from the exhaust then go away, dealer said the turbo bearings were going. Four of my friends bought Duramaxs and haven't had a problem to complain of. Our old 2004 E350 had to have a new 6.0 installed after only 20,000 miles. IMO Ford or Navistar really hurt themselve's when they demized the 7.3 PSD, that motor will run forever. Cummins is good but Dodge's truck is junk, we have three 3500 series dually rackbodys 98,99,and 01 the A/C dosn't work any more in any of them, the interior's are falling appart. We have two 3500 series Chevy's 2005s and duramaxs and they are our best trucks.

I had heard the 6.0 isn't as reliable as the 7.3, so what I did with mine was get an oasis report from a Ford dealership and I did a carfax report. The oasis report tells every time the vehicle stepped into the dealership. I was lucky because mine hasn't had any issues what so ever with the motor (knock on wood) and even if it does the warranty is good until 100,000 miles. I got a pretty good deal on it so if for whatever reason I do start having issues I'll post a for sale sign on here... :)

I would only get the Ford because you get so much off, but as far reliability our E350 with 13,000 miles is at the dealer getting new injectors and a new turbo. Sucks when you have to crank a brand new truck 100 times before it'll run. Then out of no were white smoke would just start comming from the exhaust then go away, dealer said the turbo bearings were going. Four of my friends bought Duramaxs and haven't had a problem to complain of. Our old 2004 E350 had to have a new 6.0 installed after only 20,000 miles. IMO Ford or Navistar really hurt themselve's when they demized the 7.3 PSD, that motor will run forever. Cummins is good but Dodge's truck is junk, we have three 3500 series dually rackbodys 98,99,and 01 the A/C dosn't work any more in any of them, the interior's are falling appart. We have two 3500 series Chevy's 2005s and duramaxs and they are our best trucks.

The 7.3 PSD with there cracked con rods had problems breaking at the small end. My friend had this happen first hand, all stock, cruising down the road. :(
Honestly I've heard of very few problems with the Duramax and I will amit that I was the first one to say that the engine will be junk because of the cylinder head to block materials being used. . . What I didn't relise was that they had been using those engines in isuzu box trucks for many years and were reliable.

you know, with ANY brand new vehicle out there they are all pretty much fast, its actually gay how you can go out in like a upper 80's model iroc camaro with a crate 350 in her, and you get lined up against a brand new suv or truck and the brand new one will blow the doors away from the old muscle. i am still all for old style muscle. i think power is only "cool" if its in something sporty and usually older style. but hey thats the way the worlds heading these days.

Back