which one should my buddy get? opinions needed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgray44

Reaction score
So my buddy has a 96 suzuki bandit 600 with 11k miles. He wants to trade it for a quad and he has had 2 offers, one is an 01 raptor 660 that's very clean looking and the other is an 06 rappy 350 that is also pretty clean. I said go with the 350 because its newer and he rode my warrior and he said that he likes the 350. But he has a feeling that he is to big for the 350 he is about 6 foot 1 180 lbs. He really likes the 660 cuz its big and powerful but I told him about the tranny problem. So which one would be a better choice for him?

P.s. we do a lot of gravel travel, trails and fields, no racing

If he thinks hes to big on a 350 than i must be extremely to big for mine. Im 6'5" 210 and the power and feel is just what i want in a quad. Plus they are not to fast like the big bore quads are. 660's have lots of tranny problems and 350's may be slower but will out last the 660 any day. These quads are damn near bullet proof.

If he thinks hes to big on a 350 than i must be extremely to big for mine. Im 6'5" 210 and the power and feel is just what i want in a quad. Plus they are not to fast like the big bore quads are. 660's have lots of tranny problems and 350's may be slower but will out last the 660 any day. These quads are damn near bullet proof.

Ya size has been brought up before, But if your buddy thinks hes to big he needs to think twice about that. Im 6'5" 250 pounds and I think a 350 is just about right. Enough power to do what you want, but not enough to get completely stupid and get seriously hurt or more than likely killed.

I'm 6' 210 lbs, no problems after I put bars with a higher rise.Higher bars and build up the seat padding would work if he's needs the extra height.

what up with all the tall dudes on here? Anyways, I still vote for the 350, the 660 is a waste of a quad. That or keep looking for something else.

I'm 6'2" and 300pds and I don't think it's too small. I would probably take the 660 if it was and year but the 2001 unless he has paper work that the tranny has been replaced. 350 is GREAT trail quad, where the 660 is top heavy

6 4 220 here.. loved the feel of the warrior compared to my buddies 660.. i threw in a 660 rear shock to make up for some of the butt sag my fat ass put on the bike..

I wouldnt worry about the 350 being too slow. Im 6'2 250 ish and it pulls me around pretty well lol. Any 350 will do at least 50+ which is pleanty fast unless your gonna be cruising down the road all the time or something which isnt what quads are made for..

6'1" - 260lbs. My 2000 Warrior just pulled my big ass from 0 - 62 mph last weekend while running side by side with my buddies Grizzly so I don't think top speed is an issue but if he's gonna want to ride wheelies all day then maybe the 660 will more to his liking.

5'4 and 118 pounds :p haha. and there is no such thing as too much power... just gotta know how to use it!. and have a good transmission to hold it all. Rappy 350 or keep looking

Back