Which different shocks from other yamaha's fit my 87 Warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearhead5150

Reaction score
I purchased an 87 yamaha warrior. The previous owner wrecked the right front and bent the a arms and I think the shock too. I ordered a set of front a arms and plan to change out. what other shocks fit my 87? ebay has a limited selection and I was wanting to get newer ones that won't hurt my wallet. i'm already hurting from ordering the complete front a arms.

What ever u do don't get the rfy shocks off eBay just made that 130 dollar mistake. They bottom out under hard braking. Just put on 07 yfz450 shocks that r freaking great

the problem is though is they have too much downward travel so you WILL destroy your ball joints just sayin.

yep yep! yfz450 shocks are way to long unless your running +2 or wider aftermarket A-arms maybe even have to go +3 to be safe

especially on a first gen; the ball joints will be especially fucked and there will be catastrophic failure very soon if you continue to ride it with them on there. it is not healthy for the machine and you will eventually get injured.

Ok good points but I have also on the wife appointed budget put on the Double j coustoms 6 inch widening kit and have the top shock mount adjusted so that the yfz shocks mount higher than the stock to compensate for the extra travel. And before u beat me to death on those I have ride the hell out of this kit with stock shocks and found out only weak point was the pos tie rod extension that came with kit but new heim joint tie rods one way after extension snapping on tra and almost putti g me head first into tree

ok then i thought you were running them with the stock shock mounts dude. scared me for a minute!

Any one else tried the diamond the diamond j coustoms kit. Or any thoughts on it
My cousin has the DJC +6 kit on his blaster.
He says he likes it.
Other than the added weight (which the kits are pretty damn heavy). It seems to be a quality kit, and tough enuf to take a beat'n.

I just yanked my widening kit and put on +2 full flights and yeah, the POS tie rod extensions broke before I even got them on. So now I have extended tie rods AND the widening kit for sale. It was alright except for the added weight was keeping me from wheelies. I got the new arms and they were heavier than the old ones but the front comes up easier. Go figure.

Back