when raptor hot wont go into neutral

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor350yfm

Reaction score
when my raptor350 gets hot it wont go into neutral it will just go from first to second and u will hear a clunk while doing so. and the reverse lever isnt exactly working it goes into reverse but when i want to put it back into forword positiion sometimes it works and sometimes it dont and when it does i have to like play with the clutch to do it. but im really concerned with the 1st to neutral problem alot more
could some one give me information on this problem and mayby how to fix it if u can please
thanks

I have this same problem w/ my warrior and from reading around on the boards it sounds like it's a comon problem that has no fix as far as i know, but i have read taht adding the direct shifter will help a little bit.

raptor350yfm said:
when my raptor350 gets hot it wont go into neutral it will just go from first to second and u will hear a clunk while doing so. and the reverse lever isnt exactly working it goes into reverse but when i want to put it back into forword positiion sometimes it works and sometimes it dont and when it does i have to like play with the clutch to do it. but im really concerned with the 1st to neutral problem alot more
could some one give me information on this problem and mayby how to fix it if u can please
thanks

How far out is your clutch adjusted?

Mine kinda does that too. Are you sure that your clutch isn't dragging when it's pulled in fully? For the reverse problem, push the lever as far forward as it goes, then let off the clutch just a tad before pulling it in again and pushing the lever forward until it clicks in. That always does it for me.

A direct shifter gets rid of the stock, sloppy linkage shifter. Any shifter from a YZ series dirtbike will fit directly and works wonders.

Good deal .. do you like it? Can you post some pics of it on your warrior? Do you need any additional parts to make it work or just the shifter itself? Is it a noticeable improvement over stock?

yea looks almost like the one i have. i have pictures in "product reviews" just have to look through to find it but i do have pictures on there

I love it, huge improvement over the slop of the linkage set up. I feel more in control of my shifts. I have an extra for sell if your interested. Its off a YZ450, its not the MSR one in the link but looks the same.

How much and can you email me a pic of it? Most definitely interested!!

Back